“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #41 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Face it-you've seen one Irish pub you've seen them all. We couldn't agree more, which is why Fionn MacCool's Irish Restaurant & Pub stands apart from the rest. Once you step into our pub, it's like you're back in Ireland. From the friendly conversations to the tantalizing aromas of your favorite meals, Fionn MacCool's brings a bit of Ireland to Jacksonville. With our authentic Irish food, live entertainment, and friendly atmosphere, our Irish pub has the recipe you've been looking for. Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub & Restaurant -- it doesn't get much more authentic than this.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a first time visit (after seeing it while passing by on the way to another restaurant)!! So glad we stopped in!
We were seated immediately and our server, (Rocky), was AWESOME! and was very helpful in answering our questions about some of the menu items. Many choices on the menu made it difficult to decide what to try.. it all sounded good! I ordered the Reuben spring rolls (an appetizer) as I wasn't very hungry and it was a great choice! So tasty and just enough for my meal. The person I had dinner with ordered a sandwich and said it was very good as well. We had a couple drinks and just enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant; also could hear the band who were playing out front, however, we were still able to carry on a conversation inside.
I will definitely be back again when visiting in the Jacksonville area!

1  Thank mars1103
Patty T, Director of Marketing at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

We love hearing from our customers! Thank you for your business and your kind words. We are so glad your experience at Fionn's was such a good one...Rocky is one of our best! We are family owned and operated and work very hard to make everyone feel like guests in our home!
Slainte!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a nice little Irish restaurant at The Landing in Jacksonville. They have some interesting twists on old favorites; some good, some bad. I had the Braised Short Ribs over Parmesan Risotto. Very tasty and served up quick. They also have some good local IPAs on tap if you're in the mood for a drink.

1  Thank Tony A

Thank you for business and for taking the time to review your experience at Fionn's. We want nothing more than to serve our customers good food, with cheerful service and provide a nice atmosphere. Fionn's is our home and we hope you felt like part of the family. Thank you again for the kind words. Hope to see you back very soon!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stopped by with a friend for a drink. The pub is nicely decorated, the service was good, and the drinks were made with a generous pour. There was also live music from some very entertaining old rockers. If this pub was located in a better spot, I'd easily give it a better-than-average rating. However, the bum factor at The Landing drags it down a notch.

1  Thank Black_Rock_City

We appreciate your business and taking the time to review Fionn's. Your feedback is so important to our restaurant and we are happy your experience was such a good one. The City of Jacksonville and it's many contributors to tourism are working very hard to see that the Landing is up to the standard expected of our great city. I will pass the review on to them as all feedback is so helpful. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were downtown last week particpating in the Challenge Nation Jacksonville race and we ate lunch here with a few freinds. we sat outside and had a nice view of river and downtown, it started to rain a little so we had to move the table in some. I had a cider beer which was pretty good, for lunch i ordered the double decker club and i couldnt even put it in my mouth to each because it was so large, i had to eat the meat seperatly which was ok, the sandwhich was good. we had some chips as well and everything was ok. The service was good, no complaints at all. We dont get downtown much as i would like but i will try it again next time..

Patty T, Director of Marketing at Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We work very hard to make sure all our customers have a good experience at Fionn's. It is so helpful when our guests let us know how we are doing. Thank you again. Slainte!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ate dinner here this week and I wish I could say anything good about the place, but I cannot. The servers were not pleasant, the food took forever to get out (especially the Fish & Chips) and once we did get our food it was lousy. I review often on Trip Advisor, and this is the first time I have rated anything Terrible and had nothing good to say. Try a different restaurant if you have to eat at the Landings.

1  Thank Ryan K

Thank you for your business and feedback. We are very sorry your experience was not a good one. As hard as it was to read this review we cannot fix problems unless our customers let us know. If you visit the Jacksonville Landing again I hope you will let us buy you dinner. Slainte!