“Amazing!”

The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
Ranked #3 of 175 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Our mission is to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens and education.The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, built on the site of the home of Arthur and Ninah Cummer, opened its doors November 10, 1961. From Ninah Cummer's relatively small collection of sixty pieces that launched the museum, The Cummer's permanent collection has grown to over six thousand works of art encompassing eight thousand years of art history.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

What a gem in the city! We were awed by the museum offerings and the gardens. This is a must-do for anyone visiting the area!

1  Thank Gaseoustania

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My family spent a couple of hours here looking at the art and the gardens. The gardens are not very large but the art was impressive. This makes for and enjoyable outing.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Cummer Museum is located in a very historic part of Jacksonville, Florida. As a native of Jacksonville, I have regularly visited the museum. Most Tuesdays, you can find us there. It is sponsored for free admission during the "after work" hours. It makes for a great (and affordable, date night, since there are local restaurants around the area. The galleries are constant, sometimes too constant, but it always intrigues me every time I stop and study a painting or piece.
They have recently renovated and improved their parking lot. It was much needed. The lawn recently had a make-over. Both are welcomed upgrades to the museum.
The gardens provide a spectacular view of the mighty St. Johns River.
We support the museum through gift store purchases. While admission was free, we always want to add support.

3  Thank ndmjax78
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I never knew this existed, I had a report to do on art and Cummer was suggested, I am happy I visited!

We went on Tuesday; they are free 4p-9p! The facility is beautiful, safe and clean. Parking across the street with a dedicated crossing. Once inside we were greeted friendly and told there was no charge. I stated which painting I was interested in and not only was given the information but she suggested other works I may enjoy as well! This is a small facility if you're used to Chicago, but it holds its own! It was dark and cold so we didn't visit the gardens but we will next time. There is even a full service restaurant on site.

Overall I give 5 stars as it's clean, comfortable, and enjoyable with beautiful and amazing works of art!

1  Thank amys289
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Cummer is the best place to visit in Jacksonville for viewing art in many forms and time periods, for outstanding gardens and statuary, and for exquisite views over the St. Johns River to downtown Jacksonville.

2  Thank Hardot