“Thoroughly disappointed”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #94 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We arrived at 1 am on a Saturday am - the hotel was full. Our room was at the very back upstairs and it was raining. The key did not work - returned to the front desk where I was told how to use my key, respectfully I requested they re-program it as it did not work. Tried again - did not work. This time I called the front desk. A young man arrived to try and the key - surprisingly did not work either..he opened it with his master. Tired we got into bed - only to find one bed had the sheets all pulled up and a lump of hair left in the bottom of one of the beds! Imagine my horror! Obviously dirty sheets! I called the desk - took photos and told my story to the front desk clerk by phone. The next morning I asked for management - gave my story...showed the pictures and can you believe no apology!!! We could not leave our room as we had no keys...so that meant we had to eat breakfast and get straight on the road...oh and don't be late for breakfast - it was half way packed up and put away by 9 am...whole experience was very disappointing - not typical of Wyndham hotels. I also asked the manager if he had ever been in his rooms as I would not dry my dog off on the awful thin, old and nasty looking towels...was just glad that the rest of my vacation did not carry on the way it started out! My husband just reminded me - the tub did not drain at all - it took nearly 20 mins for the water from a 5 min or less shower to run out.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else until the hotel gets a once over - those owners are obviously making money but not...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Worn out everything. Suspicious cleanliness. Carpet nasty. Bedding suspect. Best thing was right next door to a gas station. Front desk staff not helpful. Had reserved 2 doubles . Got a king with an argument from the front desk.Not satisfied at all. I know it was inexpensive, but there is a limit on that being a selling point.

Room Tip: It was dirty and old.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 176Linda72
Reviewed October 24, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We used this motel because of the Park & Cruise deal and thought it worked great. The price was fair, the room was clean, breakfast was good compared to many. Service was good and front desk very accomodating as we asked for additions to our shuttle trip to port. The shuttle was a bit crowed, but tat may have been partially our fault. Shuttle Driver was friendly and helpful. All in all, this was a good experience and we would use this again if here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Days Inn Jacksonville Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#42 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport

Address: 1153 Airport Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218-2401 (Formerly Ramada Hotel Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #94 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price Range: $62 - $94 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport 2*
The newly-renovated Travelodge Inn & Suites, a distinctive, courtyard-style hotel that delivers a refreshing blend of warm Florida hospitality and modern lifestyle services. Located near Jacksonville International Airport, our charming inn offers a comfortable and convenient lodging experience for both business and leisure travelers to Florida's First Coast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville