“Great BBQ Sauce”

The Pig Bar-B-Q
Ranked #960 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Laguna Beach, California
“Great BBQ Sauce”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

All of the food is ok. I mean it's nothing to write home about. What makes this place good is their bbq sauce which we often buy bottles of to have for family meals like Christmas and such.

Visited March 2012

St. Augustine, Florida
“St. Augustine Road Site”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I had seen this restaurant advertised several times & it was supposedly rated "best barbecue" in the area by one of the local websites. So we tried it and were very disappointed. I had the barbecued beef sandwich & it was extremely dry. He had the pork sandwich and had the same result. Sides were okay, but not great. Think I'll stick with our usual barbecue joint and forget about trying this one again.

• Visited August 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Tasty Pork BBQ sandwich”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The pork BBQ sandwich was very flavorful--without any sauces. The french fries were extra crispy-just the way we like them. The baked beans were good and included pieces of onion and pepper. Service was prompt and friendly.

• Visited April 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“We clearly read the review for the wrong location...awful”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

we visited this location for the first time yesterday....and the last time. The Pig had a good reputation and we had never tried it before and now we know why. When in this area of town, we typically go to Bono's about two miles down the road. However, Bono's prices keep going up so we decided to give this a try. We ordered the fried squash appetizer for starters. It was just average with a fair amount of grease in the bottom of the basket. Two in our party orders the combination plates which gave them a sample of chicken, ribs, and pulled pork. Their sides were the fried corn and the blueberry cobbler. I ordered the pulled pork plate with collard greens and the cobbler. The pulled pork turned out to be shredded to death pork with a good deal of cartilage and fat mixed in. The collard greens turned out to be the only edible thing on my plate. The cobbler was so sweet (from added sugar) that it could not be eaten. The ribs were tough and tasteless. The chicken had no flavor. The only thing the others in our party could swallow was the fried corn. We took most of the food home and, unfortunately, threw it in the trash. This place was a huge disappointment at a very high cost....$46. We won't be returning and I don't recommend that anyone should either. The service was good but there's no way that would be enough to bring us back.

• Visited April 2012
Michael M, Manager at The Pig Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience at our store. I am the fourth generation of my family to be involved in the business and I can tell you that we definitely strive to meet much higher expectations. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to rectify this. Thank you for taking the time to dine at our restaurant and again, my deepest apologies for the experience you had. If you need to reach me directly to discuss this in further detail, please feel free to call me any time.

Mike Murdock, Jr.
904.718.8275
Florida, USA
“There are much better BBQ places”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I ordered the quarter chicken meal, dark meat. The chicken was the driest that I have ever tasted. The coleslaw was at best average and you have to pay extra for garlic toast with your meal. The banana pudding was so bad I couldn't eat it. Over all a very poor meal.

• Visited March 2012