“If you've never had Peruvian food you should try it....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #702 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado
“If you've never had Peruvian food you should try it....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

However, it is not the greatest for most authentic I've ever had. We LOVE good Peruvian food.

The Ceviche uses too much pepper.

The rest of the dishes were bland missing important flavors.

Service was slow and restaurant was a little dirty.

I will say that the sides were yummy.

If you have never had Peruvian food you should def go try it. The food is good it is just not the real thing.

• Visited July 2013

jacksonville,florida
“the best Peruvian food in our area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

her name is Virginia she cooks so deliscious she is also the owner...
the food is so good I could eat there everyday..only problem is the prices are high.
and they need to power wash the front of the restaurant to make it a little more presentable and attractive..
also wish they would turn off thier tv.s and just keep the peruvian music in the back ground some
times they have the tv loud and the music going ...it rattles my head ive asked the waitress to lower the tv..and she has..

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A fine lunch destination”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently went to Pisco's for lunch and was neither impressed nor completely turned off by anything. The shrimp skewers I had were really overcooked and rubbery, but the seasoning was good. I just wish they had been cooked properly. My lunch date had the chicken with "peruvian sauce", a yellow, cheesy sauce. It was fine, but lacked any nuance. His dish reminded me a lot of a chicken pot pie filling without the crust. So while nothing was great, I would be willing to give this place another chance!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ChefSchnepf
Tallahassee
“Food is good, staff is rude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Last weekend my family and I decided to go to Jacksonville. We search for Peruvian restaurants and found this one. It was a Saturday around 2pm and there were probably 5 tables with customers.We got the menus and we ordered right away, Chicken milanesa for the kids with huancaina sauce, as an appetizer we ordered ceviche and then lomo saltado for me and jalea for my husband. The kids got their food first but did not get the sauce, I asked the waiter and he brought it when the kids were almost done with their food. After a long wait we got our Lomo saltado and Jalea but the ceviche. My husband called the waiter and reminded him not to charge us for the ceviche because we did not get it and did not want it anymore, since it was suppose to be an appetizer and we were eating our entrees already. Apparently he forgot about it and then came back and told us in a very loud and rude voice that they were making the ceviche and we had to pay for it , my husband requested to speak to the manager, but he never came. After a while the server came back again with a bad attitude and told us that we did not have to pay for the ceviche, but to remember that the ceviche is not an appetizer and he left.While we were waiting for the check we saw that the same waiter at another table was having problems with the order and was taking a plate back to the kitchen.The food was good, but I have the feeling that the cook is not peruvian, because it has a different flavor.In other words the food is good, flavors are not a 100% peruvians,orders take to long to be ready and service is bad.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, FL
“Easy to miss, but you wouldnt want to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

This little Peruvian restaurant is easy to miss because it is in a little strip of stores on Southside Blvd, but you dont want to MISS it; trust me!

The restaurant is clean. The food is hot and fresh. The pricing is reasonable.

My husband, son, and I took my mother here for an early Mother's Day. We had a Groupon so that made it a little cheaper for us. None of us had been to a Peruvian place before so we were a little excited and a little nervous! haha

When we pulled up the parking lot was full. That was an excellent sign.

We were seated and served quickly.

We had Yuca to start. It was fresh, hot, light, and YUM!!!! The cheese sauce was to DIE FOR!

We also tried the potatoes in cheese sauce. That sauce had a KICK!! But the waiter kept my water full !!!

I had steak with spinach cream noodles. I expected the spinach to be mixed IN with the cream sauce...no no no! It was blended and made INTO the cream sauce. See photos and you will see what I mean!

My son had chicken with noodles. It should have had onions and tomatoes, etc mixed in but he is a lil picky!

My mother had a chicken breast with a side salad.

My husband had some chicken dish, but it was gone SO FAST I didnt get a picture. Needless to say he LOVED it!

You should go!