All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskpancake machineone night stayfree breakfasthot tubjacksonville airportindoor poolnext morningstaff was friendlywould stay here againshuttlecruisehiehousekeepingmicrowave
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We stayed here one night after going on a cruise. I was flying home, my friend driving. Super convenient to the airport. The hotel is very well kept up. The rooms are surprisingly large. (or maybe they seemed that way after being in a tiny ship room! :-) ) The high ceilings made them seem even larger. The room was nice, clean, quiet and beds were comfortable.

The buffet breakfast was good. I had a waffle and sausage and both were good. They also had pastries, cereals, fruits, eggs and bacon. Plus milk, coffee, hot chocolate and I think a machine-type cappacino dispenser.

They have an indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub. We didn't use the pool, but looking at it from inside - just a plain hotel pool. Nothing fancy.

They have cookies in the lobby in the evening. They also have computers with internet access in the lobby area that are free to use. It was nice to be able to print my boarding pass.

All of the staff that we came in contact with were nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marie H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Reviewed April 17, 2008

really pleased with our one night stay here. The hotel is very close to the airport. The beds were amazingly comfortable with pillows like marshmallows - just what you need after a long flight.

Everything was immaculate and very clean. Check in was easy, even though we arrived after midnight.

It did serve breakfast but there is a dunkin donuts round the corner if you prefer.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freya E

Reviewed November 27, 2007

This hotel was running a special so we chose it based on proximity to our friends home, convenience to the interstate, and price. The hotel was clean, the staff was nice, and the hotel was welcoming. The pool was split - half inside and half outside which was pretty neat. The beds were comfortable and the space in the room was OK. The bathroom seemed small for the scale of hotel but came furnished with all standard ammeneties. The room included a microwave and fridge which was nice for the kids juice and our bottled waters from the van. There were only a few places to eat within walking distance and any others would have required loading the kids back up in the van. I was highly dissapointed in the Ruby Tuesday but I will leave that for another revue. We took the family over to visit with old friends while passing through town, otherwise I think the kids would have been too cramped in the room. Keep in mind though we had to set up a port-a-crib for the infant which took up a good bit of room. The breakfast was OK with average choices and quality. All in all, I was fairly neutral after the stay - nothing was amazing and nothing was terrible - but for the one night it suited us just fine.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank sui5te

Reviewed June 14, 2007

Wingate Inn now Wingate By Wyndham has impressed me tremendously. I travel a lot but this hotel is the best by far. The customer service was excellent. The rooms was very nice and clean. No odors in the room. The breakfast setup was beautiful, good and the breakfast hostess was very attentive. Hilton, Marriot, or any other hotel brands have nothing on Wingate. I will always stay at a Wingate.

Thanks a bunch.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank kw7fl

Reviewed June 14, 2007

I travel on business to the area quite frequently and I usually stay down the street from this particular hotel. I saw this hotel and its new affiliation with Wyndham and thought to give it a try. I was pleasantly suprised. The room was clean, well decorated and I could use my laptop in the room. Breakast was fantastic. I was offered eggs, sausage, hasbrowns, french toast-the works and it was free! I joined the membership program before I left and will continue using this particular hotel as well as Wingates when I travel outside of Jacksonville.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business