“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Macomb, Illinois, United States
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is one of the friendliest and cleanest hotels I have every stayed at. Everyone was out of their way nice. The desk staff, housekeeping, the shuttle driver, everyone. My room was clean, the lobby was clean, the pool was clean. It was great. I would recommend this to anyone. The breakfast was good it's nearby some shopping and the shuttle takes you right there. Easy drop off shuttle to the airport. I could print my boarding pass from the free business lounge too,

My room overlooked the pool. I was worried this would mean it would be loud. Nope. At 10pm the pool was shut down. The staff was nice to the kids in the pool area but made sure they had adult supervision and that the pool area was free of food wrappers etc. Great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Goose Creek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, and I would recommend it to my family, coworkers, and friends. Thank you for the opportunity.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank James S
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel it is on a straight line between the Airport and the Interstate. The staff where on time and on target tending to all of my needs plus it has a pool and free breakfast .it is clean safe and EZ to get into and out of.If you can find the Airport.you can find the hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
2 Thank Walter M
Amherst NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Only spent one night here. Room was clean. We were not looking for any more amenities; we just wanted value for crashing after a long flight. Breakfast was sufficient. Hotel is a mile or two from the airport terminal and easy highway access.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello David: Thank You for responding to Trip Advisor, but I think this is for the wrong hotel, we are 30 min from the airport. I have let Trip Advisor know that I believe it should go to that hotel. Thank you for your comments.
Marcy Deering
Wingate by Wyndham
4681 Lenior Ave
Jacksonville South
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here the night before flying out on a 7am flight.
The front desk clerk, Terrance, was very friendly, and he was able to check me in around 11am. So I was able to shower and then go about my business for the day.
The bathroom was very clean, and shower pressure was awesome! The bath products were good (neutrogena soaps and citrus scented shampoo and conditioner). The shower curtain didn't quite keep the water from splashing outside the tub though, and the water was starting to warp the wall around the tub as well as the bathroom door.
I had a room with a king bed and a couch. The room was very spacious, and included a microwave and fridge.
The bed was comfy with several pillows and I had a good night's sleep. My only complaint is that there were lights facing towards the building, and the black-out curtains didn't completely block it out of the room. (Room 410, overlooking the pool) I was pretty tired, so the light didn't bother me too much, but if you really need pitch dark room, don't stay on this side of the building.
I checked out at 5:30am, but the coffee and breakfast was already out, and I grabbed a muffin and banana for the flight. The shuttle arrived almost immediately and I got to my gate with ease.
Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and will definitely stay again. Hopefully next time I will get a chance to to try the pool, which was half indoors and half outdoors!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family