“A wild cat lovers paradise”

Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 193 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, forever home for endangered big cats, and to educate the public about their plight in the wild and captivity. We do not breed, sell, or trade any of our animals. Our current residents include tigers, lions, cougars, leopards, bobcats, foxes, and coatimundis (the last two are "honorary cats"). We are only open on select days, and last admittance is 45 minutes before closing. Our annual Haunted Forest is happening again! There are no public feedings during haunted forest, but night feedings will occur each Wednesday. Refer to the Events section of our website for more information. Dates and times for the haunted forest are: Friday, October 13: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 14: 6-10 PM Friday, October 20: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 21: 6-10 PM Sunday, October 22: 1-6 PM Friday, October 27: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 28: 6-10 PM Last admittance 30 minutes before closing.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Beautiful place with majestic lions and tigers in large natural enclosures. Clean and appealing to everyone. A real treat for my wife and myself.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"whole family"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2017

About 16 years ago I was introduced to the Catty Shack at Sam's club. They were there to raise money for a manager that was killed during a robbery on Father's day. Not only was it a great thing to do, but at that time I was able to have a 6 moth old Bengal Tiger by the name of "Natasha" Lay across my lap while I fed her a bottle! This was a once in a lifetime experience! After she was done with the bottle, she nuzzled me and licked me and then she nudged my hand up to pet her, What a great experience! I went home and got my wife and she held 2 Siberian tiger cubs.
Of course someone didn't like the fact that people got to touch live tigers and complained and now you can't touch them anymore. We have seen the Catty Shack around town and visited the sanctuary. What an amazing organization!
Thank you for bringing the wondrous cats here for us all to see and thank you for the incredible memory of holding a real tiger on my lap and being able to hug her and feel the amazing sensation of her as I pet her.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We went in the late afternoon and was there when they fed the big cats. It was very cool. The kids loved and the cats were very active.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Wonderful learning experience and exciting to watch keepers feed these big cats from INSIDE the cages!