“Friendly Staff & Hungry Cats” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary

Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 165 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, forever home for endangered big cats, and to educate the public about their plight in the wild and captivity. We do not breed, sell, or trade any of our animals. Our current residents include tigers, lions, cougars, leopards, bobcats, foxes, and coatimundis (the last two are "honorary cats"). We are only open on select days, and last admittance is 45 minutes before closing, so please check our website for the most up-to-date information.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Jacksonville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly Staff & Hungry Cats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have a good time here. It was fun to hear the stories of each cat. And super cool being so close to them for feeding time.

Visited January 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely incredible and wonderful cause”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Catty Shack several times and enjoy it more and more. The staff are so friendly and everyone are very passionate about the animals! This place is great for everyone including families. A must see (again and again)!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cynthia C
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Go for the Feedings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been twice, the first time many of the "cats" were sleeping. I went at night this past time for the evening feeding, it was really cool. They do a great job, it was interactive and educational.

2 Thank jasonf1975
Livingston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Friday after Thanksgiving trip to Catty Shack Ranch was great! And so much better than shopping with the crowds! My adult daughter and son took their "cat loving" Mom to see the really big ones and I loved it!! The staff of all volunteers were so knowledgeable and they answered all our questions. They are all doing a wonderful job tending to these animals. The trip was very worthwhile and I highly recommend it for the entire family.

2 Thank Pattie P
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Such a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My fiance and I attended their night feeding this past Saturday night for the first time. The staff of volunteers were so welcoming and you could definitely tell that they loved every minute being there.The tours are in smaller sized groups so you can get up close to see all of the cats! It was great how close you can get to the animals, literally only feets away! My fiance and I had such a great time learning about all of the different cats as well as seeing them! We will definitely be returning to the Catty Shack!

2 Thank Ashtin B