“The best ever you can do!!!”

Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 172 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, forever home for endangered big cats, and to educate the public about their plight in the wild and captivity. We do not breed, sell, or trade any of our animals. Our current residents include tigers, lions, cougars, leopards, bobcats, foxes, and coatimundis (the last two are "honorary cats"). We are only open on select days, and last admittance is 45 minutes before closing. Our annual Haunted Forest is happening again! There are no public feedings during haunted forest, but night feedings will occur each Wednesday. Refer to the Events section of our website for more information. Dates and times for the haunted forest are: Friday, October 13: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 14: 6-10 PM Friday, October 20: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 21: 6-10 PM Sunday, October 22: 1-6 PM Friday, October 27: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 28: 6-10 PM Last admittance 30 minutes before closing.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 3, 2013

For us it was the best experience we ever made. The staff is amazing and they are doing a great job. It was amazing to be able to watch the 'cats' so close and to know that they are getting help and love!!! Thank you for this wonderful and amazing evening!

2  Thank NK-Stuttgart

Reviewed January 3, 2013

It's amazing to see such beautiful cats this close up! This organization does such a wonderful thing! The Catty Shack Ranch is completely non-profit and run on a volunteer basis ONLY, and they do such an awesome service for these beautiful creatures! The volunteers are friendly and informative, and really know these animals on a personal level and by personal I mean they KNOW the individual personalities not just the traits of the breeds. You are not visiting a zoo. You are not visiting a park. You are visiting a true wildlife sanctuary, and it is a wonderful experience! Our family has been in Jax for 6 years and we've lost count how many times we've been to Catty Shack and we've never grown tired of visiting the animals. Even if you are just passing through Jacksonville, take a couple hours and stop by. You don't want to miss this place!

1  Thank MeLee25
jennadelane, Volunteer at Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Catty Shack! We are so blessed to have such great guests like you!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were a little leery when we drove up to the Catty Shack, but were pleasantly surprised once we started the tour - very personable guide who clearly loved the cats & knew their history. The cats are amazing, and it's well worth the trip just to see them up close.

3  Thank MeganF1216
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I spent two days in Jacksonville . We had read about this place and thought... Why not? It was a wonderful experience. To see so many wild cats up close, is breathtaking. The volunteers who work there were friendly and informative. I appreciate the fact that stress the conservative. All the animals were either rescued or donated.
It was amazing to hear a lion roar!
It's $10 a person....worth it. After the guided tour.. You can stay as long as you like.

2  Thank Iratherbetravelling
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Tonight was my 4th time at Catty Shack (2 day events and 2 night feedings) since October. I just can't get enough of these cats and will forever be in awe of how beautiful they are. They're so happy and well taken care. Nero is my favorite because he's just so big and laid back. I love hearing the stories about how he always putting his ball into his pool :0) Seeing Curt interact with the cats (especially Freddy) is also amazing. You can tell they love and respect each other. I tell everyone about this place and will bring anyone and everyone I can to help continue to support their efforts. I think volunteering here is also in my near future. Can't wait to go back.

3  Thank mountains_of_fun