“Overpriced and nasty flavors”
Review of Yobe Frozen Yogurt - CLOSED

Yobe Frozen Yogurt
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our first time visiting Jacksonville area and found Yobe as we were driving by. We went in with our 2 kids and were quickly greeted by the staff that asked if we wanted to sample anything, where HE provided the sample instead of allowing us to do it. He didn't wear gloves or anything. We tasted a couple of flavors and they were gross. Even the kids (7 and 9) thought the chocolate flavor was disgusting. There aren't too many kids that don't like chocolate. We reluctantly stayed because the kids were ok with the original flavor and the toppings. My husband and I added hot fudge and whip cream to cover the taste. Total waste of time and flavors were not tasty. Jacksonville needs a Yogli Mogli!!!!

1  Thank Travel4Us7

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Ok, I don't get the hype on this place because it sucked! The yogurt was terrible tasting. We sampled the salted caramel and root beer and they had this awful aftertaste. I don't know why we continued to stay here, but stupidly we did. My husband and I went the safe route and got vanilla. It really was not tasty at all. It has an ice milk, gritty consistency and was not very enjoyable so I had to turn this healthy treat into something fattening to make it semi more enjoyable!! They have a ton of toppings to choose from, but be careful b/c they weigh your cup and that's how you get stuck paying an exorbitant amount of money for yogurt. I put some crushed "oreos" that tasted stale and generic, "heath bar" that tasted old, and a little drizzle of watered down caramel. My husband put sour blueberries and pineapple that he said tasted like s***. When I asked why did they taste like that, all he could say was "this tastes like s***." Our small cups of yogurt that literally only had about a 1/2 cup of yogurt in them and a couple of tbsp of toppings cost a total of $13.00. Total ripoff. I think people are so consumed with the fact this place is supposedly so "healthy" for you, that they're completely ignoring the lack of quality and taste of the product. But who cares about that, as long as we're being "healthy" right? Don't bother going here, there's plenty of other yogurt places that actually taste like frozen yogurt should.

2  Thank snowfaery5
Reviewed August 2, 2012

A few years ago I visited Yogaberry in Mandarin during it's opening week. I enjoyed the frozen yogurt, but thought it was an expensive treat and regular visits would surely put a dent in my budget. I was really happy when I recently received a Yobe coupon from www.moneymailer.com. This meant I could give Yobe another try at a value price. Not only did the store change their name, they changed the concept. Now it's a self-service frozen yogurt set-up, with many more toppings. I tried the vanilla, chocolate and strawberry yogurts (filling my cup to 10.8 oz. @ .49 per ounce) and then topped it mango popping bobo. Yum! My son enjoyed peanut butter and chocolate yogurts (11.2 oz.) and topped it with sno caps and cookie dough pieces. The fat-free yogurt is delicious, and the flavor selection is plentiful. There are a multitude of sweet toppings you can add from candy pieces to fresh fruit, and the toughest decision is which ones to choose. Again, you've got to watch the amount of yogurt you pour or your bill could be pricey as your cup is weighed. There is a drive-up window too, where employees will prepare your treat. All in all I would recommend Yobe. The establishment is clean & employees are helpful. Without a coupon, the yogurt is pricey...but well worth the money. Go ahead, splurge!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Ok - in all fairness I will say that "Yikes" - I love this yogurt but Yikes, are you kidding? At 49cents an ounce and they only give you super large cups so you really can't gauge exactly how much you are getting. Oh - sometimes they have medium size cups but I guess when they need to increase their average dollar sale from 4.00$ to 5.00$ a cup they "run out" of medium cups. They rarely have medium cups. I find this practice a bit underhanded and dishonest. It's not so much that you simply don't have to fill the cup up ,it's just that when you have this HUGE cup you just really can't tell how many ounces you are getting - Hmm I guess that's the idea. It's not like you can say to the clerk when they weigh it -"oh ok, let me dump some out". This seems to be SOP for all the Yobes so I can't give a good rating to a business that does this.

2  Thank polareyez
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Okay let me just say that this was our first and last experience with "NOBE" ... Yes I said NOBE because my husband and I will not be returning to this or any other NOBE establishment. Point Blank Period. With all that being said my husband and I decided to go to NOBE for an after dinner treat. Upon arriving we wanted some help or guidance (being that this was our first time and all). We had to wait awhile before we were acknowledged but overlooked this due to the fact it was the weekend and the place was crowded. So finally after a short wait a teeny bopper comes up to us and asked if we wanted to sample any of the flavors. She kindly gave us our flavors we asked for and then disappeared.

At this point we were on our own. So by doing a quick observation we figured out what to do. After fixing our yogurts whe then proceeded to the toppings bar were there was yet another teeny bopper behind the counter who was looking like NOBE was the last place she wanted to be and was not up to interacting with the customers. No, "Kind I help you with something?", "Did you find everything alright?" Absolutely nothing. She just stared at us with a look like "I dare you to ask me something." So after picking our toppings she non-chalantly told us to put our yogurts on the scale. This is where we were hit with the sticker shock. Even with our 5 oz. free coupon we still ended up paying $10 and some change. REALLY!!! We were flabagasted. Without debate we simply paid and decided to take our NOBE to go being that we live just a couple blocks away.

Anywho, once in the car I could'nt wait. I just had to try my creation and needless to say we were very disappointed. I was like, "What is this?" I know that everybody taste buds are different but I have had plenty of frozen yougurt in my day and we are far from picky eaters. But this place missed the mark on so many levels. I just knew after dishing out $10+ bucks it was going to be well worth it. Boy were we surprised. Sorry NOBE but never will we ever return again.

2  Thank Sweetie-Sunshine