“Great Venue”

The Florida Theatre
Ranked #7 of 146 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Got to see Goo Goo Dolls here and really loved this venue. It was tough to find parking but found a garage for $5...would have been easier if I hadn't passed it the first time. I loved the ambiance and style and wish I had more time to take it all in but we were running late. The ushers were helpful and took us right to our seats. The sound was great and there really isn't a bad seat in the place. Like most theaters, expect to at least stand up, if not move out of the way, for people trying to pass by you to get to their seats. I'd definitely love to see another show here.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"aisle"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Brilliant theatre with suberp sound. Easy access and not over crowded with people, parking very easy.

1  Thank Lester H
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We love concerts and ballets at the Florida Theatre. Lovely to feel like you're stepping back in time. Gorgeous theatre.. I hope they stay open forever, and never change.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The setting of the theater was perfect. We were in town for the Brian McKnight concert over Memorial day weekend, and we were not disappointed. The sound inside the theater was perfect. The only issue with this venue is that there are not enough bathrooms and lines are very long.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Crosby Stills and Nash concert at this theatre. The acoustics and ambience of this theatre are great. I believe it seats approx 1800 persons and it was full for this CSN performance which was excellent. They had us on our feet clapping and cheering many times. We sat in the Loge Section which is the front prt of the second floor balcony. The seats in this section are excellent. Although the theatre was full and the limited bathrooms were extremely busy I found that for the most part people in this mostly mature audience were very accommodating.

Been to The Florida Theatre? Share your experiences!