“quick bite to eat.”

Cuisines: Greek
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“quick bite to eat.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I like this place for a quick bite. Grape leaves are good, octapus is wonderful, and the lemon soup is good too. I also like their Geyro

Visited July 2014
9 Thank Robert R

Jacksonville, Florida
“PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am a sucker for road side advertisement and from just riding by this place looks promising. This place actually has a ton of military from Naval Station Mayport that frequent there for lunch because of how close it is to the base.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHY... if its for the gyros and that's the only good thing on the menu then that is just dumb. The gyro must be MIND BLOWING. I didn't eat it, but I believe everything in a restaurant should be somewhat edible!

The inside in dated. The service is awful... after ordering it took almost 45 minutes for our food to come out. I only had a salad and soup btw which was a waste of money. No refills... and in my opinion it's overpriced for such crap service. the friends I went with ordered completely different things and they weren't pleased at all. One of them even mentioned that she hoped she didn't become ill from the food.

You'd be better off getting a sandwich from Hardee's up the road. I promise. You'll dislike it very much.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Samantha H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible. Rude owners wife.. Dont go here!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

So my 1st visit and review to this place was great .I had read the bad reviews before but decided to give the place a try and I was happy I did because the food was awesome and the server (Brenda or Barbara) was so sweet and friendly. I even told her and the owner’s wife (older lady with blonde hair) that I could not believe the bad reviews because they were so nice and the food was great and I was told by them both that they did not know why the place had bad reviews and that she reads all the reviews. I told them that I loved the food and service and would tell everyone that I work with on the base to give them a try and not believe the reviews. Well that was a HUGE mistake. Since I started going there just over 14 days, my family has spent a lot of money there and was planning on taking a group of 12 of us there this coming Friday to celebrate my son’s birthday and that would have been a lot of money for them to make but here is what happened.
Last week myself and my kids wanted some of the awesome food so I called in an order for 2 gyros and some hummus to go and told them I would be there to pick up in 20 minutes. Well after I picked up my son from daycare he got really sick so I had to take him to urgent care. On the way to the urgent care clinic on Atlantic beach I get a call from Nick, the owner, asking if I had placed an order and if I was going to pick it up, I said yes that I would be there soon. I cannot control when my child gets sick so after the urgent care visit I totally forgot about my order and took my son home to rest. I have never forgotten to pick up food before. So this afternoon around 5:30 pm my son asked if we could go eat there and I said yes. We get there, sit down, place our appetizer order and drink order. We are brought our drinks and then while we are waiting, the owners wife comes over to the table and asked me if my phone number was 437-**** and I said yes. She then tells me well you placed an order last week and forgot to come get it so you are going to pay for that bill now. I look at her in surprise and said NO I am not paying for something I did not pick up. She then tells me yes you are. I again said no and told my son to get up because we were leaving. While this was happening, Nick the owner was standing to the side watching and the waiter that had been so friendly the last few times was also hiding to the side. There were other customers in there also. The waiter and other customers look so embarrassed. As we were leaving the OWNERS WIFE followed me and my son outside and told me that she was going to call the cops because I did not pay for food that I did not get and it is stealing. I told her it is not stealing and that I am sorry my son got sick but he comes before a $25 take out order. The customer service here is HORRIBLE and I now see why people were posting bad reviews. I hope others read this and pass it along. I will be sure to tell everyone that I work with on the base what happened and tell them to tell their friends and family. I really hope they lose more business now. This is not how you treat customers. If she would have politely came over to me and told me that they were upset about me forgetting my order and to try not to let something like that happen again, I would have understood. But you do not come at a customer like that in front of other customers and especially not with a child involved. Also there was only 3 other customers there at the time and now I see why... BE AWARE AND DO NOT SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY HERE..TAKE IT TO ANOTHER BUSINESS THAT KNOWS HOW TO TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank toni n
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best flavor and bang for your buck!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have traveled the world, and had some interesting dishes in my time. This place offers the best Greek food I have ever had. Bar none! They make the best gyro I have had in my life (and I have been to Greece/Turkey/Middle east - where gyro originates)! I could not believe how cheap and friendly the prices were and how friendly the staff were. Highly recommended for everyone! You will not regret going.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Chiki D
“Best Gyros in town”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The gyros and chicken are moist and flavorful. The toppings are fresh. Service is fast and friendly!! Definitely a go-to place for us.

Visited April 2014