“Friendliest staff around JAX”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #67 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lexington, Kentucky
“Friendliest staff around JAX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

For my wife's high school reunion, we stayed 5 nights at Jacksonville Hospitality Inn. All the staff - from the front desk, to the maid service, to the breakfast staff - ALL were exceedingly friendly and helpful. We even talked with the owner, Jane Miller, for quite some time. This hotel is NOT the Waldorf, but it was really comfortable and clean, with large rooms with a refrigerator, microwave, and even plates, glasses, and utensils, and free Wi-Fi. We have stayed here before and will stay here again. It is conveniently located near a major road (103rd St) and I-295. With the help of the front desk, my wife used the breakfast area for a get together with several of her high school chums. It was wonderful! There is a gas/convenient mart contiguous to the motel property. Very convenient for late night runs. The courtyard is nicely landscaped and has a nice pool. Although an older motel, the owners take pride in their management, and it really shows. Nightly room rates won't break your bank, either.

Room Tip: Single floor motel. Ask for a room at the end away from 103rd Street.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
unguidedmissal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

OK. I'm not sure why a Hampton Inn would be worth twice as much or more. The room was large and came with a nice kitchenette and coffee machine. The staff were nice and friendly. The breakfast was quite adequate (boiled eggs, toast, frozen waffles, bagels, usual cereals, juices, canned fruit). I would have liked some fresh fruit and yoghurt. Very nice, large back porch to hang out on or eat breakfast though there might be smokers there. Nice pool with gazebo in inner courtyard. The convenience store next door didn't trouble us and was not different than many a Hampton. We had heard from locals that it was a bad neighborhood and we should be careful. We were and saw nothing dodgy. It's always best to be careful. I think the one thing that could be better is the wifi. We really couldn't access it well in our room & had to walk down the hall to the lobby. You'll see a few stains on the carpet here and there. Get a non-smoking room. Popcorn on arrival was nice and indicated that they were really trying. Owners live on site so it's a little like a B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room in the main building.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank unguidedmissal
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My family had our Family Reunion in Jacksonville, this past weekend. All 60+ of us stayed the Hospitality Inn. We've stayed there before but we've never had a bus load. The employees were so nice and accommodating! They made sure we had everything we needed and were super tolerant because I know at time we were a bit loud lol They even let us set up dinner in the Cafe area. Breakfast was great and the attendant I met on our way out, Ms. Tammy was sooo nice! Thanks yall! You'll see us again!

Room Tip: 121 - Nonsmoking- right by the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WorldTraveling S
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

For a budget hotel, this place is pretty decent for its price. I stayed here for a night. For its $50 a night price point, I had low expectations.

I arrived in the afternoon, and checked in. I was told my location of my room and available amenities. What I really liked that they had was free popcorn. I went there immediately. After that I went to my room which had an old TV, a king size bed and a regular bathroom with a bathtub. FYI the TV is not an HDTV. For $50 I didn't expect it to be. The location of the hotel is great as walmart and bunch of restaurants are nearby. I would come here again if I needed a place to crash on the cheap.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manning, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stated a few different times here on business. Each stay has been different. From nice and luxurious, to decent and typical for a discount room. I have found that the rooms in the main building are the nicest ones. They are the non smoking rooms as well. Smoke outside, and request s non smoking room. For the price, its a great buy. Not to mention, the hotel has always been clean.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rocky-n-beefy
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

The Hospitality Inn is an old hotel. It sits next to a 24 hour gas station. The parking lot is small and not well lit. We noted a number of large truck rigs parked here. We imagine that truckers must use this place as their temporary residence. The rooms are large and come with a small kitchenette. There is daily maid service. The furniture is old and shows wear. But the rooms are quite. The doors open both to the outside and to an inside hallway. There is laundry facilities here if needed. In the morning there is a breakfast offered, mostly grits, instant oatmeal, cereal, breads and pastries with coffee and juice. The eating area is large and has a screened porch for sitting. In the afternoons there is fresh popcorn available. There is a signal light next to the gas station so exiting left is not an issue. We did find that when coming south on the beltway, the exit ramp to the right does not allow you to easily get to the turn lane for the light and you must negotiate traffic for a mile to be able to make a U-turn back to the hotel. The Hospitality Inn is close to the I -295 beltway and you can get to Blanding Road without getting on the beltway. It is not a bad hotel and better than some for the price.

Room Tip: Most of the lot is not well lit so park near the front.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OrlandoMouse
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have to say that neither the wife and I was happy with our stay from Friday night to Sunday when we were there just this weekend and by that I mean we will never stay there again. We was first given a room that was not habitable at all and that's the beds not made but stripped down and all the furniture was on the bed as well as the phone was tore up just to name a few things. We was given a second room which was better but when we left Saturday for the day I left a drink in the refrigerator and when we return back to our room around 6 / 7pm, housekeeping gave cleaning up to a whole new level but taking my drink. So one would think something would be done by the time I was to leave Sunday morning right . . . . . Nope not in the least and not even an apology but they did say what they are going to do and do you think I believe that no. Yes I know it was only a drink but it was my drink and I could have easily have left something else that could have walked away just like my drink. And to top it all off when we got back there was roaches in the room as well when we turned the lights on. I would have and was ready to leave right there on the spot but my family was extremely tired so we stayed out last night but was out of there quick fast and in a hurry to never return there again.

Room Tip: Take all your things with you when you leave or something may turn up missing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family