“Family from South Carolina”

North Florida Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience world class fishing along Northeast Florida's scenic inshore waterways and endless miles of pristine saltwater marshes. Roaming these waters are three of the state's most sought after game fish, redfish, spotted seatrout, and flounder which are available year round. Your adventure begins while fishing within the beautiful extensive network of bays, spartina islands and tidal creeks that permeate the region. Welcome to North Florida Fishing Charters. I am Captain Ron Schurr your guide. I have been fishing the waters of Jacksonville, St Augustine and Amelia Island/Fernandina for over 25 years specializing in light tackle inshore and backwater fishing.Capt. Ron will arrange to meet you at a boat ramp near your location, downtown and beaches area. I have two boats to choose from, 18 ft inshore/backwater and 22 foot Bay boat for inlet, river and near shore ocean trips with bimini top.
Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

What a pleasant experience from booking right through to fishing on the water with Captain Ron! Timely follow up via email or text, and well organized to hit the fish right off. We are a family with minimal experience, and Ron was spot on with his instruction, assistance, and most importantly, cheerful disposition with our 9 year old. Highly recommend, and we look forward to our next charter with him!!!

Date of experience: April 2016
"skiff"
"casting"
"marsh"

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

We booked captain Ron for a half day redfish trip. We brought cigars and expectations of a relaxing time. We started fishing about 15 minutes after getting on the boat and baited up. We immediately caught a red. Then another. After number twenty or so my hand was aching. I have never caught so many fish in one location. The fishing was fast and relentless. After a couple of hours we went through five dozen baits. Capt. I was glad we ran out. My arms and back were aching. My buddy and I lit a cigar and agreed that this was the best fishing trip we had ever taken in our 50 or so years of fishing. Thank you Captain Ron for a memorable experience. I would recommend him for all types of fishermen, novice or seasoned.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank lizardman123
Capt_Ron904, Owner at North Florida Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

I had a blast! Thank You for the nice words!

Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

Captain Ron's charter fishing was a great experience. I highly recommend it to all people who love to fish. It was a great day! The Captain will put you on fish!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed February 9, 2016

Capt Ron puts you on fish. We covered a large area to find the fish, he couldn't be more know knowledgable of tides and spots. We didn't crush every place we went but we had an extremely busy day on the water. Super nice guy. I would highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed January 18, 2016

Similar to a few of the other reviews I read, I use a lot of guides during the year. My experience right on the phone tells me if this will be a ‘good’ trip or a ‘bad’ trip. As soon as Capt. Ron and I got on the phone I knew it was all ‘good’. His passion and enthusiasm were quite evident during our conversation. He showed up on time, ready to go with top of line gear. Based on the weather and tides I was not expecting much, but within the first hour I had hooked or landed over 8 reds, with a blue fish thrown in. By then end of the day I was 16 for 22, the ones I lost were on me. He worked very hard getting to the spots and was apologetic for this ‘bad’ day of fishing. Let me say I’ll sign up for a day like this anytime. Thanks Capt. Ron. I will most certainly look you up when I’m back in town.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Kathy C
Capt_Ron904, Owner at North Florida Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Thanks Larry, I had a blast!