“Great place, especially to try Indian food for the first time.”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #153 of 2,090 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Enjoy delicious Indian cuisine in a warm comfortable atmosphere with an abundance of friendly service and smiles. Lunch Buffet: Tuesday thru Friday from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM GRAND BUFFET: Saturday AND Sunday from 11:30 AM TO 3:00 PM Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday thru Thursday from 5 pm to 10 PM Friday and Saturday from 5 pm to 10:30 PM *Sorry, we are closed on Mondays*
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I don't know what's taken me so long to write a review on the India House, but I must let everyone know how wonderful this place is. The India House is not only amazeballs, but it's also a great place to try Indian food for the first time. A couple of months ago, my husband, friend and I were on a mission to finally try Indian food. We decided the best way to do it, was to eat buffet style. We went on a Saturday around 1230 and there was a decent crowd, but we were seated right away. The staff joked around with us and said they were more then happy to answer any questions we had. I guess they could tell we were Indian food virgins. This is always much appreciated though, especially when eating foreign food. So our waiter then brings the basket of naan to the table. Oh yes, I think we're going to like this! After ordering our drinks and savoring the fresh hot naan, we went to the buffet table with our eyes really wide. They must have 20+ items including: salad, chutneys and soups, numerous varieties of meat and veggie dishes, rices, naan and desserts. All the dishes are labeled, which was great for us and helped to remember what our favorite dishes were called. All the food was pretty mild with spice. This is also a plus for people that can't handle spicy food. Loved the Butter Chicken, Tandoori Chicken, Chana Masala (chickpea dish), and Gulab Jamun. They say the gulab jamun are cheese balls dipped in syrup, but they really taste like donut holes soaked in sweet floral syrup. Yum! I could have a love affair with those things. There was so much food on the buffet that I don't even think I was able to try everything. We all were just stuffed when we left. For $9.95 on the weekends, this is a great deal and wonderful way to see if you like Indian food or not. I am such a fan and can't believe it's taken me this long to have Indian food become a part of my food life. Check this place out. You won't regret it.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great experience for my first time having Indian food. The place was nice and clean, the tea was great! I had the lunch buffet and was very pleased with the selection. I don't have anywhere else to compare it to but I will say I will be back. I will also try a couple other places but I hear this is one the better spots.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant offers a buffet for about $8 on weekdays and $10 on weekends. The buffet is only available until around 3:00PM. We ate here for dinner so we missed the buffet. We ordered two chicken dishes (came with white rice) and an onion naan. The food is delicious!

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I have ordered food to go from India House on several occasions, but at least twice they have failed to include the rice that should come with the order. When I get home and take the food out of the bag, I find that the rice is missing, which is extremely irritating. I don't live near India House, so driving back to get the items they forgot to give me is out of the question. The meal is not enjoyable without rice, and When they forget to put it in the bag, I feel like I paid for something I didn't recieve. They have also forgotten to include the sauces that come with the samosas on at least one occasion. It will be a long while before I go back there, because I don't trust them to get the order right.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

India House HAS many qualities most Indian restaurants do not have: cleanliness, great food, nice size dining area, quality seating and decor, and pleasant waiters. However, the waiters do NOT have a clue how to be a good waiter. (The wait staff will do whatever is asked of them...you just have to ask.) I am pleased Jacksonville has India House. Since we now have a good Indian restaurant in our hometown, we don't have to search as much for Indian restaurants when we travel.