“Fun for kids on a hot day”

Hands On Children's Museum
Ranked #56 of 176 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hands On Children's Museum is a reasonably priced, family place to enjoy watching your kiddos have a blast. Some things are a little "well loved" and "well played with" but nothing that made me cringe or feel unsafe about, and my kids had a REALLY good time. Would go again. Wish it was closer, actually! :)

3  Thank Mrs B

Reviewed July 19, 2013

When we walked in the place was full and children were running everywhere! These was seriously no control going on. The place is a gigantic warehouse that has little partitions dividing it into sections. It's not like a museum where you move from room to room from start to finish. You basically just let your kids run and hope to keep up with them. Not the cleanest looking place and my son spent most of the time at the toy wooden train tables. We could have done that at home...We probably won't come back.

1  Thank 305Anna
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Lots of pretend activities. I have an 15 month who loved the mini winn dixie and the motor skill activities. He loved driving the trucks and exploring the area. For $5 it is a great deal.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Definately for younger kids to run free. It was my daughters birthday, and when we got there, there were several birthday parties going on, and all the kids meshed and ram free. Kind of like an indoor playground.

4  Thank MrsArthi08
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I took all 5 of my kids there ages ranging from 2-15 and we all had a great time! I can see the complaints about the cleanliness of this place, but its no worse than a park or play place… I wouldn’t really call it a “museum” I would say more of an interactive place where your kids can play and really use their imagination! There was a pirate ship, grocery store, diner, space area, stage complete with costumes, puppet show, toddler area, fire truck/and fire house, ambulance, post office, bank and even a place to roll around in wheel chairs and try to play basketball in them! It was a very cool, inexpensive place to take my kids on a cooler day in Florida!

4  Thank Amberlee W