WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #111 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Palm Bay, Florida
“Roach Motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I recently had to travel to Jacksonville Fl. and stayed at the Motel 6 in Orange Park. I reserved a room with two double beds, mini fridge, and microwave. The staff was efficient but the room was horrible. When I walked in I could not believe what I saw. One of the beds was pushed against one wall and the other bed was pushed against the a/c unit built into the wall under the window and there was only a few inches between the beds. All of the furnishings were horribly old and trashed, the room smelled absolutely horrible and the shower floor was chipping (Plastic) and concerned me that water was leaking into the ceiling of the room below.

Since I had already paid for the room and used a certificate for a free night, I decided to just ride it out. The beds were like sleeping on a box spring with a sheet on it. The first night I thought I noticed a flea on my leg when I was lying on bed. By the third night I realized there were fleas and I also saw a roach walk across the tv screen.

Overall one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in. Do yourself a favor and never stay there, it is literally a flea bag motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Concord, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

After "running" out of Econolodge we went next door to motel 6.

Rooms were small but clean linens, toilets, bathrooms and NO ROACHES!!! All we needed was a place to sleep, we had been traveling for 20 hours!

Nice staff! We would stay again if needed.

• Stayed March 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean room! Price was ideal and no extra charge for my two small dogs. Internet available for a small charge. Many restaurants delivery to your room which is always a big benefit for me. I would recommend this Motel 6.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rotonda West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is the third Motel 6 of our trip and the only one that was unsatisfactory. It is lower quality than the others and more in need of updating. It was a small room (but big enough for two), had a strange (although relatively new) shower, uncomfortable beds, a microwave which would not operate while plugged into the multi-outlet strip with the mini fridge, and a resident cockroach (who probably had relatives nearby). There were, however, no unpleasant odors or carpet stains.
In spite of these comments I wouldn't have rated it Poor except than with Trip Advisor the rating just below average is.........Poor. And, since this was clearly below average I had no choice. If there was a choice of Fair, I would have chosen that.
Unlike some other reviewers I wouldn't suggest that you not consider this motel, just be prepared for a below average experience even for a budget motel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

The rooms smell bad and the carpets are stained all over. They did install cameras all over so that is a plus. Staff is subpar. The comforters need to all be replaced. The Motel 6's in Jacksonville all seem to have issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Patrick7819, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Boone, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Or so it seemed, as two were hanging around the front lobby waiting for "someone" to arrive. We think the place is a front for this sort of business as the rooms are unbelievable cheap. We wanted a nonsmoking room, and the sign on the front of the door said it was nonsmoking, but the ashtray on the bedstand was reinforced by the smell of the room.

Noise all night and it sounded like someone was unwrapping a syringe then shooting up as you heard the wrapper then the snap of the rubber thing they put around their arms.

They do take pets, so you might want to bring your guard dog :o)

Room Tip: Stay away if at all possible. Otherwise if you are looking for a super cheap place to sleep, tis is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Azona50036
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Where do I begin. Well I am here for work so I figured a cheap place would suffice. $29.99 was good I thought and its motel 6 well known right. Ok I am a non-smoker, I am allergic to cigarette smoke, as soon as I walked in the room I was greeted by it. The carpet is really dirty and the bed linen has cigarette burns and white stains, I am trying my best not to think about it as I type but good lord its disgusting. I think I will be out of here tomorrow, even though I don't leave until Tuesday, I would rather pay a higher rate than stay here and suffer from morning headaches because of the smell. DO NOT STAY HERE. The customer service rep was friendly so that was good, location to NAS JAX great, eateries are plentiful that's about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marla B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Quality Inn Of Orange Park
#91 of 132 in Jacksonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park

Been to Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!