New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park

Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park
Ranked #111 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Dirty carpet, cigarette burns in the sheets and white stains”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Where do I begin. Well I am here for work so I figured a cheap place would suffice. $29.99 was good I thought and its motel 6 well known right. Ok I am a non-smoker, I am allergic to cigarette smoke, as soon as I walked in the room I was greeted by it. The carpet is really dirty and the bed linen has cigarette burns and white stains, I am trying my best not to think about it as I type but good lord its disgusting. I think I will be out of here tomorrow, even though I don't leave until Tuesday, I would rather pay a higher rate than stay here and suffer from morning headaches because of the smell. DO NOT STAY HERE. The customer service rep was friendly so that was good, location to NAS JAX great, eateries are plentiful that's about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marla B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place is disgusting, dirty carpet, that we didnt want to walk on, broken items, cigarette burns in bed sheets, non-smoking room which stank of smoke. Most depressing night of our trip. Also felt very unsafe. Not worth the cheap rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Serena J
Pensacola, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Do not make reservations to stay here. They WILL cancel them and give your room to someone else and then after your've driven 6 or more hours and arrive they'll be RUDE about it. THey don't even care.
They told me THEY DO NOT HAVE TO HONOR ON LINE RESERVATIONS SO DO NOT BOTHER.
Go to the Red Roof Inn across the parking lot it is the same price and has a friendly staff and more ammenities.

Room Tip: Tip Do not book here go any where else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

Yesterday we made the unfortunate mistake of staying at the hotel 6 Jacksonville and I can safely say that I would never ever stay here ever again. We had been traveling for 16 hours with 3 cranky kids and thought it would be an ok option considering we just wanted a clean bed and a shower. NOT so. Our non smoking room firstly stunk of smoke with an ash tray siting in the middle of the beds. The bedding on one bed had so many cigarette burns that I am surprised it still stayed together the other one had no blankets at all. Needless to say we didnt even us the bedding but slept with the heating on. Did i mention the pillows that were an inch thick, the towels that were firstly grey almost see through and the fact that there were only 2 for 4 people? Also no toilet paper and it didn't flush, no soap, shampoo, garbage bin and anything else one would expect to find in a hotel room. Also we were awoken by 2 random phone calls at 1 am and then again at 230 am. My husband spent part of the night checking on the car, on a good note our kids slept and at 430am we were up an out of there. I spent most of today washing all our stuff in hot water and scrubbing ourselves. Just thinking about it is giving me the hebe gebes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank deanna95
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

It was extremely unclean, there were drug deals going on in the parking lot, my husband thought our car was going to be vandalized and the thug doing the drug deal shooed him away while he glanced at him from our window. We couldn't even get a good night's rest due to the fact that my husband woke up with terrible random bites on his arms and what looked like a rash...just from sleeping a few hours on the bed. The carpet was absolutely filthy neither one of us wanted to put our bare feet on it. The white paint in the bathroom needed a wipe down or a new coat of paint. It was about $30 bucks but we would have preferred to pay a little more if it meant not getting a rash. We left hours ago and still my husband is itchy all over his body and he has showered 3 times since. YIKES! Also the area was extremely tiny, like a double walk in closet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank OZandFLO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Quality Inn Of Orange Park
#91 of 134 in Jacksonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park

Been to Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!