“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Caribbean, American, Bahamian
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jupiter, Florida
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a long drive to Jacksonville to bring my UNF Freshman back to school today, we went through the "long list" of restaurants in the area to take her for dinner before heading back home. Bahama Breeze won the "toss". I am so glad it did.

It was still fairly early for dinner (4.30ish), so we were seated right away. Zack was our server and he was spot on. We told him we were waiting for one more person, so we'd order appetizers just to start. He immediately told us about his favorites. We took his word and ordered the Jerk Shrimp in an herb butter sauce, served with a loaf of delicious crunchy bread to dip after the shrimp were gone. Very, very good!! My husband also wanted to try the corn cakes......another good choice. When our guest arrived, Zack was right there with menus for all and was quick to not only tell us about the days specials, but other items on the menu as well. He was very friendly and informative. Our dinners included a Fillet Mignon, a Cheeseburger (both perfectly cooked), an Almond crusted Tilapia and Mahi Mahi.....YUM! and a shrimp and pasta dish. Every one of us loved our choices.

It's always a sad day when I bring my girl back to school. It's important to me to feed her a good meal before I leave. Bahama Breeze helped me accomplish this. Not to mention.....our "guest" was the first time we were meeting a new "friend" of hers. When he arrived Zack gave us our menus and allowed us to take our time. I'm not sure if he saw the ice breaking or not, but he knew exactly when to and when not to approach our table. He is very good at what he does. We will be back.

Breezy Point, Minnesota
“Was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having been to a Bahama Breeze in Ft. Myers previously I thought we'd give the Jax location a shot. We were here for a business lunch.

The server was a little less than average, it didn't seem like she enjoyed her job very much.

Seating was immediate for lunch. The menu choices are good and will satisfy a broad range of tastes. Pricing is very good when you consider even what McDonald's pricing looks like. Fish Taco $7.49.

I ordered the Fish Taco and Seafood Chowder, both were pretty good but kind of forgettable.

There are other places around this area that are by far better than this place I have to say.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
St. Marys, Georgia
“St. Johns Town Ctr.- Wow! What a find for older children and adults!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our adult daughter chose to eat there for her birthday celebration. I had not been....but I surely will go back!!!! The atmosphere was very nice- more for adults or older children- and the service was excellent- Barbara took good care of us. The appetizer...can't remember the name of the sauteed shrimp...was delicious! We dipped bread in the sauce when the shrimp were gone! The drinks were good. The only complaint was that the Goombay Smash had more ice than liquid, but the Bahama Mama was quite good.
My entree was Jerk Chicken, and it was delicious, as were the mashed sweet potatoes with fried plantains (you have to try these!), Paul had the beef bowl- you get way more food than the picture indicates- and I will get this on one of my future visits, as it was very tasty. Lauren had Wood-grilled Chicken, and I'll get that on yet another visit, as it was delicious, too!

“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I love their food. My son is in love with some burger they have. I'm in love with this chicken dish that has some green sauce on the mashed potatoes. I can't remember the name but its good. The banana dessert is yummy too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Go for the bar, not the food. Overrated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Coco shrimp were ok. Baby backs were just acceptable. Nor really good. The Caesar was so spur that I sent it back and traded for a house salad with blue cheese. The greens were good but the dressing was poor.
The place was not terrible bit I won't go back.