“This is the best extended stay hotel I have ever stayed at.”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows
Ranked #84 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I am very impressed with the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows. I came here and stayed for a week and everything was great...including the service, the room, the price and even the parking. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help me in any way they could. My bathroom had a malfunction and someone was there to fix it in about 10 minutes. Admittatly, there was only clean-up service once a week, but in an extended stay hotel, that is what you expect. I also wanted to mention that the kitchen area was clean and everything supplied was in very good condition.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2009

Wanted to thank you for both your great review, but most important the opportunity you gave us to serve your lodging needs! Thank you for that honor!

We are so pleased to know that are staff and room was up to your standards! We take pride in our work and we're thankful that it showed!

Please come back and see us upon your next trip to Jacksonville, we would love to service your needs again!

Reviewed January 14, 2009

We originally planned to book 2 rooms for 1 night while attending a family wedding. Some plans changed, and we ended up booking 3 rooms for 3 nights. All of the family members were very happy with all the rooms we booked. They were very clean and very very quiet. The staff was very helpful getting us extra towels and fluffier pillows, etc. Access to the Hotel is wonderful -- just minutes from the freeway I95. Several nice restaurants are just blocks away also - Chile's was our favorite. The rooms aren't large or fancy, but they are well-maintained and clean and quiet. All came with a small fridge and cooktop and microwave. If you are looking for basic accomodations -- a place to sleep and maybe fix a meal, you can't beat the price and location. After the wedding, we day-tripped to St. Augustine one day, and to Fernandina beach another day and were happy with the easy freeway access!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Dusty_Sander1
Reviewed November 4, 2007

Let me just start out by saying that I did not have anything to do with booking this motel room personally. I was simply along for the ride. A friend of mine was having a bachelorette party in Jacksonville for the FSU/Alabama game, so she booked 2 rooms. When we got there, we realized that because the beds were single, not double, there was not enough room for me and the two girls I was traveling with and we ended up having to book another room for ourselves - the last room that was available. The room we ended up staying in had one double bed, and the lady at the desk (who was the one good part of this entire fiasco) gave us an air mattress for one of us to sleep on. Our room was fairly clean, except for the floor. No one should ever, for any reason, walk on the floor in any of these rooms with bare feet, or even in socks. The area was very shady, with lots of shady characters hanging out around the motel parking lot. We made sure to have someone with us at all times when walking back and forth between our rooms because we didn't feel safe, and we are all very independent women. I suppose that the location was okay, though the cab services in the area are also very shady and they thoroughly took advantage of us. The staff in the office was very friendly and accommodating, given our situation, but they were not enough to make up for this pitiful excuse for a motel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank GAtravelerATL
Reviewed December 26, 2006

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and I can tell you it was really bad. We had disturbances at night the rooms were in bad shape and I swore I would never stay there again. But as fate would have it we had a last minute trip planned and couldn't find a room anywhere. So we stayed here. Things are really different. The staff at the hotel are courtious and friendly. The rooms have undergone renovations and looked a lot better. The rooms are clean and smelled pleasant. I was informed that they will be continuing their renovations through next year and are expecting even more new furniture including all new beds. I can tell you from experience it is like night and day. I will not hesitate to stay with them again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank gatorfan10
Reviewed November 12, 2006

We booked a non-smoking room. The sign on the door said it was a non-smoking room, but we gagged from the stale smell of smoke in the room. As the front desk is not staffed after 11pm, and we checked in at 10:52, we could not do anything about it. The bathroom was dirty, the fabric chairs in the kitchenette were stained so badly I wouldn't sit on the chair. Nothing in the kitchen worked until I discovered that the GFI had been tripped and reset it. Only 1 bath towel and 1 facecloth for each of us was provided with weekly housekeeping only! Daylight streamed in under the bottom of the outside door as well as around the doorframe. The wall lamps were hung in front of the curtains over the bed. I was afraid to leave the light on too long in case it overheated the curtains. I suppose I should be happy they left 1 16oz bottle of water and 1 packet of regular coffee as a complimentary item, but it hardly made up for the rest of the issues.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank JanFla
A TripAdvisor Member
So. Calif
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Terrible experience... Over charged me.. Demanded payment in advance. With in an hour I told them I was only staying the one guarateed night.... and they credited me the difference... The only problem... when I got home the credit was not on my card statement.... They charge extra for everything ICE, phone, etc.

There was NO toilet paper when I got to my room.... TERRIBLE

Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed May 27, 2005

Not a great place -- we got a good deal through HotWire, which defined this as a 3 Star. Cheap little rooms, detached cabinet door propped up against the cabinetry under the "kitchen" sink, air conditioning unit which blew directly onto the bed 2 feet away, freezing me like a side of beef. Not Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2005