Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows
Ranked #80 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“This Place SUCKS!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked this room while living in Virginia because we are in the process of moving, and the number of hotels that accept pets seems to be limited, or outrageously priced. My first night in the bed I realized that it was kind of sagging in the middle. After 2 weeks here I decided to see what the problem was. The box spring in broken in 3 places. I went to the front desk and talked to them about it. I was told that there is nothing they can do. "We are ordering new beds soon." I had to go and buy roach poison, the shower looks like something you would find in an old dorm, and there are cigarette burns in the comforter. I am now searching for a new place to stay. If they cant do anything about a broken bed, I will. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Sell your pets and use the money for a nicer room. I'm joking, But, seriously, this place is garbage. I grew up in a trailer, and this is a trailer park without the wheels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GntBstrd
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
On behalf of all of us here at Suburban, we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations while you were staying with us. While the majority of our guests have a favorable expierence, it is never our intent to have an unhappy guest.
We would like to wish you well on your new journey here in Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very clean nice place close to many of Jacksonvilles favorites......Great places to eat and have fun close to everything you may want to do and my room is very clean and the staff that works here are wonderful they are there when you need them. Best prices in town!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank John K
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
John,

On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for your kind review. We strive very hard to make this a nice place to stay.

If you are ever have a need for a place to stay while you are visiting Jacksonville, please contact us directly for your reservations.

Thank you again. We value you as a guest and hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff here are very helpful and friendly This place is quiet and clean very close to businesses. its in the heart of Jacksonville wont take you long to get where you are going. They have the best rates in town.

Room Tip: This place is close to all theme parks.....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kara T
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Kara T,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We work really hard to make all of our guests feel welcome and at home and your review relfects our hard work.

If you are ever in Jacksonville again and need a place to stay, please be sure to call us directly.

We appreciate you and your business.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The reviews are not correct for this hotel, I travel for a living and I stay everywhere. Every need of mine has been met. All the front desk staff are soooo polite and accommodating. The rooms are clean and do match the pictures. Great rates and comfy living. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I will always stay here when I am in Jacksonville

Room Tip: Front building is for extended stay and quieter, back building is set for the rowdy young people. As...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiffany N
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Reserved a room No Smoking,Queen bed, ground floor with kitchen facilities. I Arrived on time for my reservation, I am a business traveler and require setting up an office where I stay : Computer, printer, battery chargers etc. I was given a room on the 3rd floor. Upon entering the room I noticed an odd odor but quickly dismissed it. I set up my office and began to get settled in. I found the bathroom sink leaking from the hot water faucet. The pressure from the hot water faucet was just a trickle. The exhaust fan in the bathroom rumbled so loud I chose not to use it. The bed turned out to be a double and not a queen. The refrigerator did not cool adequately and the freezer portion did not freeze food. There was no available ice machine to fill my travel cooler. On the plus side, the wifi worked well and I was able to complete my reports using it. On the second day upon returning to my room I really noticed a strong smell of cigarettes. The smell was so strong that all my clothes smelled like cigarettes when I returned home, even those clean ones I did not use but kept in my suitcase. I also noticed that most of the occupants were permanent residents. All in all this was a disastrous experience and I would not stay here again. I have stayed at other Suburban Extended stay hotels which were not in this condition.

Room Tip: avoid these kind of hotels if possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Joseph S
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

On behalf of all of us at Surburban Extended Stay, we apologize that your stay was not favorable as the majority of our extended stay guests.

fletcher
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Now this is SO VERY important, look at my ranking, how many cities i have traveled to and the time I spend in hotels. I travel for a living and stay in a lot of hotels. I have read the reviews from folks that have written 1 review and it was an Excellent review...PLEASE......I will say the two things that made me rank this a POOR rather than terrible was the lady at the front desk was very sweet, and there may be some folks that like a hotel such as this one, but my main target audience is the average everyday traveler on vacation or business that enjoys a few amenities like a clean room, a safe environment, and some of the usual perks you receive at most hotels. There were perks at this property just not ones that I indulge in. I did walk to my room open my door, gag, close the door and go check back out. If you have every been in DC or NYC or even ATL and been downwind of some one who lives on the street and doesn't have the best hygiene, well that's what the room smelled like. I was not embellishing when I stated I GAGGED The worst hotel room I have ever seen ever...and I have seen hundreds. People were talking loudly almost to the point of shouting. I say people because from the transient activity I observed I didn't know if they were guests or just selling "stuff". Read my first line again, I know there are a few favorable reviews and some mngr always writes back a reply about [What are you talking abou,t my great hotel/or we were unaware/or we are attempting to fix] I WAS THERE I SAW IT WITH MINE OWN EYES I SMELLED IT WITH MY OWN NOSE AND I ALWAYS TRY TO BE FAIR AND OBJECTIVE. Hence the poor,not terrible rank. Oh I would advise if you do decide to stay here, don't park you car here. I saw a couple examples of what you might see along side the road in NYC right here in there parking lot. This is a great place for smokers down on their luck cause their are hundreds of cig butts on the ground to choose from. One last thing, in all my travels all over the US I have stayed in Manhattan, Downtown Atlanta,Chicago, some pretty seedy place, and over all the years, this was the first place where I felt I had better go just for my own safety, actually felt a little afraid...Course the manger will tell you I imagined all of this it's all false, welllll you decide.......

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank steve p
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Steve P,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that your experience was not as favorable as the majority of our extended stay guests. Your experience in no way, reflects the entire property.

All of us here would like to wish you well in your travels.

Best Regards,
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Like "asimovtrek" we ran into some bad luck and had to find a place to live as well. The staff and neighbors are very laid back. There are some other children for my kids to play with and even became best friends with. The manager is very sweet and confident in her job. I tell everyone about this hotel and hope to get a bigger pl;ace one day, but love where I am now!

Room Tip: Corner suites are bigger and more expensive, but the regular rooms are pretty spacious and nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Jaxfamily12,

It has been our privilege and honor to help you and your family in your time of need. That is all that we try to do here at Suburban, help people. It can be difficult at times but it is people like you and your family that make it all worth while.

We appreciate your kind words and trust in us. Your stay has been our pleasure.

Shelley and Robin