“Great food. No frills.”

Olio
Ranked #63 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" for our Duck Grilled Cheese, we are located in "The elbow" downtown Jacksonville's entertainment district. Our locals know that our Fish Tacos, Steak & Aged Gouda Cheese, and our "Deep-Dish" Quiche may even edge our the Duck Grilled Cheese. Stop by and watch our chefs prepare you lunch in our open exhibition kitchen. Everything is prepared from scratch daily, as such some items are only available in limited quantities.
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a lunch spot while killing time in Jax, and was lucky enough to find Olio's. this is a no frills joint with friendly staff and great food. Francesca took my order and raved about the crab soup. Her knowledge of the menu was spectacular and her soup recommendation was right on. The soup was server piping hot in an eco friendly bowl and was delicious. Packed with real crab meat, in a thick creamy base, it was truly satisfying. The only thing I would add is a slice of bread on the side. I followed that with the fish tacos. According to Francesca, they out sell everything else on the menu. I can see why. Instead of little flakes of fish, they were stuffed with filets of blackened tilapia. The spice was just right, flavorful but not overpowering. Fantastic!

I wish I lived or worked nearby so I could spend some time exploring the menu.

1  Thank CNY-Tripper
There are newer reviews for Olio

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Olio has a walk up counter where you order fresh food made daily. There menu has an interesting variety of choices. It is spacious inside with a more modern feel in decor and has large windows looking out onto the main street in Jax. The food is very good, I had the Cobb salad 2 days in a row. We were there for a 4-day seminar and had to scramble for lunch each day. Olio was able to accommodate a massive crowd converging on their everyday lunch service and did it with a smile. I highly recommend Olio for a unique lunch experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lunch and breakfast are very yummy . Very nice open space ...fresh, made to order.If u can stop in for breakfast ...then try thier homemade corned beef hash .

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited Jacksonville with friends and ate here last week. Interesting combinations for sandwiches, cheese and duck confit, boudin blanc (chicken and foie gras) with arugula and apple butter and good looking salads, too. Quite inexpensive for this type of choices. It was hard to choose what to eat. But, the homemade ginger ale took the prize. Spicy with ginger, not too sweet and free refills!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ate at Olio on our way to Savannah. What a great place. The quality of the food is outstanding. You can tell that it is all homemade with quality ingredients. Will definitely stop there the next time we are in the Jacksonville area.