“Homemade Ginger Ale!”

Olio
Ranked #47 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" for our Duck Grilled Cheese, we are located in "The elbow" downtown Jacksonville's entertainment district. Our locals know that our Fish Tacos, Steak & Aged Gouda Cheese, and our "Deep-Dish" Quiche may even edge our the Duck Grilled Cheese. Stop by and watch our chefs prepare you lunch in our open exhibition kitchen. Everything is prepared from scratch daily, as such some items are only available in limited quantities.
Gainesville FL
“Homemade Ginger Ale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited Jacksonville with friends and ate here last week. Interesting combinations for sandwiches, cheese and duck confit, boudin blanc (chicken and foie gras) with arugula and apple butter and good looking salads, too. Quite inexpensive for this type of choices. It was hard to choose what to eat. But, the homemade ginger ale took the prize. Spicy with ginger, not too sweet and free refills!

• Visited March 2013

South
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ate at Olio on our way to Savannah. What a great place. The quality of the food is outstanding. You can tell that it is all homemade with quality ingredients. Will definitely stop there the next time we are in the Jacksonville area.

Portland, Oregon
“Not fancy but good food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went twice..once for breakfast (the grits and shrimp was superb) and the second time was for lunch and it was good too. For quick food and simple atmosphere the food is excellent and simple.

Visited February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Breakfast at Olio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived on Friday at 10am. Plenty of seating available. Not much of a line and service at the order counter was prompt and friendly. Food portions were more than ample and the price was very reasonable. Ambience was very nice and appropriate for the location of the restaurant. (Downtown Jacksonville.) Food came out promptly even though we were the only one's in the restaurant and things were slow.

• Visited February 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food on Artwalk night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

For those of us who can't make it to Olio's for lunch, there's always Artwalk night. The first Wednesday of every month Olio's opens up for dinner. And I'm so glad they do because I was blown away by their food. I initially ordered the shrimp po boy but changed my mind when I was told there were jalapeños in their coleslaw. I am not a big meat eater so when I had to change my mind at the register I panicked and ordered a steak and cheese. I think it was the mushrooms and melted Gouda that caught my eye. So I was really shocked that when I got it, I LOVED it!! It was so good! I would definitely order it again. The homemade fries and basil sauce were also really good I can't wait till next months Artwalk so we can come back here!!

Been to Olio? Share your experiences!