“Prepare for your mouth to be blown out”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats
Ranked #312 of 2,013 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The "Anything Goes" approach to food, wall art, hot sauce & life in general.
Baltimore, MD
“Prepare for your mouth to be blown out”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Fun place, great.. and I mean GREAT service.. nice portions, nice specials on weeknights. COLD beer on tap.

But.. be warned. Some of the hot sauces at the sauce bar are HOT. And I mean HOT! I didn't realize my taco had thick slices of SEEDED jalepeno on it already, which is very spicy. I added one of the really hot sauces to the taco without looking inside and BOOOM! My mouth is still on fire. LOL!

• Visited January 2013
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
@Ravenboy, thank you so much for your great review! We are glad to hear that you loved the food and service! We also loved that you enjoyed the hot sauces, even if some of them were too spicy! We can't wait to have you back again soon!

St Augustine Beach
“Holy Hot Sauce!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Since I'm a hot sauce freak, I totally fall in love with this place. They have over 10+ different kind of hot sauce from sweet hot to death to your taste buds hot! Lol The food & service was fast & fabulous, & the decor was awesome to look. I'm so going back & telling all my peeps. Oh yeah, don't forget to read the story on how they became Tijuana Flats, its a cool little story.

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks very much for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review!
Jacksonville, Florida
“We love this place”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is our favorite place to get Mexican food in town. We go there several times a month. It is very clean, the service is outstanding, and the prices are reasonable. I wouldn't say it is the best Mexican food I have ever had but it is good. Even though it is located in a strip mall, it has a great atmosphere and it is always packed. I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks for the feedback and recommendation, @suzyqtwo! We appreciate it and hope you come back soon!
Veracruz, Mexico
“One of my personal favorites...”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The service is always stellar. The food taste solid as if it were made from fresh ingredients. They have a huge selection of hot sause if your into that. The atmosphere is best described as playful comic book style graphics painted all over the walls. The dinning room was clean and the staff did a great job cleaning/clearing tables. The only thing I disliked about my entire experience is they don't give you a receipt. I would definately recommend it for casual lunch or dinner when you want your food quickly. Portions are adequate, two tacos is enough for me.

Thanks for the review, @waterproofpanda! We're thrilled you call Tijuana Flats one of your favorites. Come back soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Tex-Mex”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We went to this new location and they did a fantastic job even though they had only been opened for a week--no opening pains. My hubby had the Megajuana steak burrito and had it "wet". It was very filling, tasty and he will definitely have it again. I had the veggie and black bean burrito and it was very good. We also had the chips and queso and the chips were crispy, light and salty. I especially enjoyed the sauce bar: so many sauces to choose from. Definitely a repeat dining spot.

Visited October 2011
Thanks for the review, Kerry! We appreciate it and hope you come back soon!