“Kitchen dropped the ball.”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We love BJ's. This restaurant seriously dropped the ball, in our opinion. We arrived well before the lunch crowd hit so we could get back on the road. It took a long time for our meals to arrive. When they did, my meal was cold. Mashed potatoes were warm only on the outside. Gravy was room temp. I couldn't eat it. The chef remade my meal and it was what I expected,but it took so long that my hubby had eaten and he was impatient. Their screw up made it take twice as long for our lunch time allotment. Our server was nice, the manager stopped by to apologize. The inconvenience added on didn't leave a good taste in our mouths for this restaurant. BJ's should be much better than cold food and wasted time, right?

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time visiting this place since it opened. 1st time was the actual soft opening night. Service was crazy, people didn’t know which table was what. This was to be expected on opening night. 3rd visit and they still where taking orders to the wrong table, that was crazy. Food was ok. Probably not going back again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Wow I was completely surprised! Good amount of gluten free options, pizza and dessert even!

Waitress was awesome, food was good, atmosphere was good. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We came here after the game. There were four in our group. In short, my burger came out with an incorrect order for my wife. She was told they would have hers out in five minutes. The food for the other two didn't show up for ten minutes. Still no food for my wife. By now I was done eating. The other two were half done by the time my wife's food showed up. BTW, she had tacos. Twenty minutes to make tacos? In all my years of eating out, I've never had such a disorganized servings of food. To be fair, they did comp our meal. However, we've noticed the service and quality has been going down at this BJ's over the past couple of years.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We only ordered black-and-bleu burgers, but they were really good. The patties were hand formed, not from out of a box of frozen pucks. Fries were good, too. We were intrigued by the amazing number of on-tap brews, but it was too hot and sunny outside to sample any at lunch before having to drive home. It is a bit pricey for a burger place, and I would not visit during prime time because it is NOISY.