“Best Mexican in Jax !!!”

Tequila's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #704 of 2,090 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Heard about this place so we tried it out place was nice.. our waiter was good. But the food was great and had all the right flavors. So stop in if you want great mexican food at reasonable prices

1  Thank 1hungrychef

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently moved in Jacksonville, so we had the chance to try a new Mexican restaurant and Tequil's was the closest. We loved the food and the service. We have a new place to go now!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm a (not so) recent transplant here in Jax from LA and seriously miss good old fashioned "cali style" mexican cooking. La Nopaler which is popular here in Jax is no substitute. I finally found a restaurant worthy of my Cali taste buds. If you want good food at great prices with excellent customer service, go to Tequila's! I want this restaurant to get so busy that they won't shut their doors. I recommend the chile relleno, it's better than my favorite in LA. I've tried several dishes and can vouch for the following. Mexican tacos, carnitas, carne asada, taquitos, shrimp enchiladas! I've as yet had to order a dish that I did not like. Enjoy and I hope we can keep this restaurant in business for a long, long time or until I can get back to LA.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Okay, last month we took Trip Advisor's advice and visited Tacolu Mexican Restaurant in Jacksonville, FL and it was delish. This month for our visit to Jacksonville, FL we took Trip Advisor's advice and visited Tequila's Mexican s Restaurant....this is a tough one....Tequila's is excellent too! My husband and I had major important discussion about which one is better and we CAN NOT decide....both are excellent! We both agree the flavor at both restaurants is wonderful BUT....the portion size at Tequila's is MUCH better than Tacolu's. My husband barely got full for dinner at Tacolu's and I barely was full. The size portions at Tequilla's was huge AND delish. Tequila's was clean, pleasant and efficient service, smelled as good as the food tasted. Nice drink specials at Tequilla's too, ,much better drink prices than Tacolu's. ***My steak fajita was so good probably one of the best fajita I've ever had! So, all in all...we will definitely be back to Tequilla's....delish food, good portion sizes, very reasonably priced dinners AND good drink prices....what is not to love??? Stop by and enjoy for yourself!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently had a late lunch at Tequila's Mexican Restaurant and was pleasantly surprised to find a jewel. The employees were friendly and eager to please especially when I asked for the "really hot salsa they keep in the back". The food was amazing, the decor placed you back in a little cantina huddled among the shade trees; delightful mexican music played in the background while we feasted on terrific enchilladas, burritos and a fabulous chili relanos. We definitely will be back!