Majesty Deep Sea Fishing at Monty's Marina
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our first time deep sea fishing and Captain Scott made it a memorable one! The crew was knowledgeable and friendly. Although our trip was full, we didn't feel crowded at all and had plenty of room to fish and a bench to sit on. We left on time and even got to see some dolphins on the way out to the first spot. It took about an hour and a half to get to the first stop and it was a great ride out to there. My father, my husband , and I could not stop smiling the whole time! The crew helped us with out equipment and how to drop our lines. All you really had to do was bait your hook! When you reeled in a fish, they got it off the hook for you and measured it and threw it back if it was too small and put it in the cooler for you too.

Make sure that you bring a cooler full of water and drinks and food. The food they had to sell on the boat didn't look that good. Also, you'll need the cooler to bring home your fish (which they will cut and filet for you at the dock). They have some plastic bags but you might want to bring some of your own. Slap on plenty of sunscreen and bring sunglasses and a hat. Also make sure to wear clothes that you don't care about because you will get squid and fish junk all over you.

Again, the crew and captain were so great and we had so much fun that we plan on doing this trip again next time we're in town. Worth the price!

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Crew fishing and shorting the trip1 1/2 hours”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The creeks the best thing of this trip. The first mate bo was great, we caught some fish but the majority of keeper fish caught were by the crew. One of the crew was even fishing ontop of us and got frustrated when his line got tangled with customers. The trip was scheduled to be from 7-4 but left at 7:10 and got back at 2:50. The crew was great but I will never use this charter again!

5 Thank Jshep85
Atlanta, Georgia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fun fishing with a nice group of crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had never been on this boat before but my niece goes on it at least 2 times a yea r and has been for the past 4 years. The crew is great and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. A ton of fish are caught and some too small to keep and some people catch more than others but that comes with the saying of "Going Fishing" NOT "Going Catching". The boat was very clean. We took our food and drinks on but they did have things to purchase on the boat. At times so many were catching fish that it was hard for the crew to get to everyone but I thought that was a good problem to have. More the most part, everyone was respectful of each other. I would definately go out with this crew again. The crew is young and energetic and really want you to catch fish and see you smile when you pull a big one in.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Beth W
Jacksonville, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent fishing, crew and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We are on our fifth or sixth visit with holly and crew. They work hard to make sure to be in good spots are super nice, the boat is super clean, they will make you lunch, and clean and bag your string of fish. Awesome!

Seneca, sc
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Average fishing trip -nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went fishing on the Majesty and had a good time. We caught lot of fish but about two thirds were not legal size to keep but they were fun to catch. There were some really nice amberjacks caught on the trip but unfortunately we didnt catch any. The ones catching those obviously knew the deckhands and had different baits than the rest of us. The boat was full with about 45 or 50 people fishing so there were the usual number of tangles. I was not impressed with the deckhands. Everytime I caught a fish I would have to wait several minutes for one of them to come so I just did everything myself. The trip is advertised as 7 am til 4pm but we were back at the dock at 3 pm so we did feel cheated of an hour of fishing. The weather was beautiful and we had a good time but I will probably try a different boat next time I am in the Jacksonville area.

Visited July 2012