“Above Average Local Chain”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 2,097 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a small chain steakhouse and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. my lamb was cooked just as I wanted, medium rare, and the rosemary cab demi-glace wit a hint of mint was just right. My husband had the short ribs and was very happy with his choice. The waitress was pleasant and effective. The decor, with mostly booth seating, is typical suburban steakhouse style with fairly dark lighting. Not unpleasant but nothing special.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We were driving N on 95 and spent the evening. After checking Trip Advisor for nearby restaurants, we selected Stonewood. We were not disappointed.

We asked the hostess for a quiet table and were guided away from the bar. The booth was perfect and comfortable. Our server promptly appeared to take drink orders.

The OJ in my screwdriver was freshly squeezed. She apologized that it would take a minute. Well worth a minute for real juice!

Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. Very helpful and responsive to our questions.

We both substituted the Stonewood Salad for one if our sides. For a small charge it was wonderful with the balsamic vinegarette. It had fresh greens, cranberries, walnuts along with veggies.

The 12 ounce prime rib was perfectly cooked. The baked potato was like any other.

I would skip the boneless short ribs the next time. I prefer a more sour than sweet sauce. They were tender.

Portions are large. We skipped dessert. Dinner for two with tax, tip, and drinks was less than $100.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food was great and the server was wonderful. I had the chicken and pasta and had a hard time finishing the large meal. We had no negatives from our time at Stonewood.
We came early and enjoyed happy hour at reduced prices. We had an appetizer and the calamari was tender and the best we have had in a long time. The meal was timed perfectly so we had time to talk and arrived after we finished the appetizer.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent food and atmosphere! It's a warm and friendly place, filled with spacious and roomy booths and tables. Enough quiet areas for serious discussions and a happy bar area for
food, friends and fun!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have never been disappointed in either. This is one of my favorite places to dine and we celebrate most special events here!