“Good for Breakfast”

Ranked #228 of 2,090 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Went for breakfast when Metro Diner was packed. Food was good and service was ok. Pancakes are huge.

Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Jacrens - Thank you for stopping in! We're very happy you enjoyed our food, especially the filling pancakes. Hope to see you again soon!

Jessica, First Watch Customer Service

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I originally visited FIRST WATCH because of a long line at a neighboring coffee shop. My initial visit was "medocre", both in terms of food and service. However, within a very short time of posting my review, I receved a message of apology from the Manager. She apoloogised very sincerely, and told me that this was highly uncharacteristic of their establishment; then she invited me back as their guest. I received a card in the mail that entitled me and a guest to an on-the-house breakfast or brunch.

A week or two later, my wife and I visited (without announcing ourselves, nor stating that we had the "on the house" card). We entered and were promptly greeted and seated. Hot coffee was offered to us. When we requested decaf, our server returned after a moment to tell us that she was brewing a fresh pot of decaf and would bring some as soon as it was finished brewing. She did. ;-)

We had the pancakes (cranberry nut) and some juice. WARNING: THE SIZE OF THESE PANCAKES IS ENORMOUS!!! I ordered three, even after being "warned" by the server that they were "very large pancakes". (I thought to myself "Nice touch, but - really - HOW LARGE COULD THEY BE??" and ordered three anyway.) At 200+ pounds, i am not what one would call "slight of frame" -- but left the restaurant with one and a half pancakes in a take-home box. I should point out that i would not normally take pancakes home -- but they were THAT GOOD! Quite literally the best, fluffiest and most delicious pancakes i have ever had.

Glad i gave First Watch on San Jose a second chance.

Go try the pancakes !!!!!

Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

rjgosselin - Thank you, thank you, thank you! We truly appreciate you giving us a second chance. From the friendly, attentive service to the tasty and enormous pancakes, we are so pleased you had a great visit. This is the type of experience you should expect from First Watch and we hope to see you and your wife again soon!

Jessica, First Watch Customer Service

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was first introduced to them by a coupon and have been going ever since and anytime I get a chance, I take someone there. The food is always great and I order the same thing almost everytime(Tri-Fecta) to the point where some wait staff know what I want before I open my mouth. It's good to have that feeling but funny everytime. Their iced Green Tea is amazing. I'm there several times a month. Great staff, food doesn't leave you heavy at all. I'm so sorry for taking this long to send a review! I love them!!!

1  Thank nubiansis7777
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are looking for some different breakfast choices I highly recommend First Watch. From crepes to breakfast bowls the available combinations are almost never ending. each dish offers several different flavors and many selections. Prices are reasonable for the flavorful food.

1  Thank PackRatiam
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had to send the 2 eggs over medium back.not done enough. Wife had a omlette, it was luke warm. Very clean place.Coffee good and actually had flavored creamers on the table.

1  Thank kjs1017