“Awesome playground for avid readers!”
Review of Chamblin Bookmine

Chamblin Bookmine
Ranked #5 of 29 Shopping in Jacksonville
Georgia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Awesome playground for avid readers!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This bookstore is the size of a Wal Mart. It seems to go on forever and has every genre you could think of! The used books are half the price of when they were new. They also have collectible books and collections. Go get your coffee and prepare to spend an hour or more wandering the aisles of this charming bookstore.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Traveler7504

jax,fl
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A True Gem in Jacksonville”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This has to be one of the best used bookstores around hands down. You could spend hours upon hours looking for that obscure title or just perusing old titles that bring back memories. There are two location one on Roosevelt Blvd and one in downtown Jacksonville. Be sure to visit if you are a book lover you will not be disappointed.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank jaxlore
Dothan, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BEWARE! Bookmine Lousy Customer Service and Does Not Pay It's Debts!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Had been a customer for over 20 years. Went in September and had my car damaged. The estimate was $1100. Ron Chamblin offered me $700 to settle and then sent me $500 and told me to call him about the rest. He then told me he would consider sending me the other $200. Keel in mind that he sent me a written agreement for $700. When I called after months of run-around he cussed me out! Very unprofessional. BEWARE of this business! If he owes you money I'd get it up front. In my opinion he can not be trusted to pay his debts! I guess I'm gonna have to sue him now. It's a shame it came to this. I honestly can not recomend this to anyone. Attitude sucks. A crappy way to do business and a horrible way to treat a disabled customer on a low income!

Visited September 2011
6 Thank Bryan H
Macon, GA
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“All-time favorite used book store -- absolutely huge!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you like rambling around in old bookstores, you'll be in heaven when you find Chamblin Bookmine. The place is HUGE! I mean -- huge as in it takes up several buildings. Huge, as in you have to look at the charts on the end of the stacks to decide which way to go next. At the same time, Chamblin is so well organized, the little charts tell you exactly where to go, and each section is meticulously well organized. They're actually a complete media entertainment mecca -- sell hardbacks, paperbacks, DVD's, audio books (both cassette and CD format), CD's, antique and collectible books -- everything you might want. We never miss going to Chamblin when we're within 50 miles of Jacksonville.

Visited September 2011