My wife stayed at this "hotel" 18-19 Jan 2013. We booked it because of the great experiences we had at other Homestead Suites in the past.
First off, don't expect any kind of maid service unless you you have reservations for 7 days. We asked for clean towels and were told unless we stayed for seven days, they did not provide maid service. We had to take our dirty towels down to the front desk and ask for clean towels.
Our first night there, there were five police cars and one unmarked car making a drug bust or something like that in the parking lot. When I asked the front desk what was going on, the reply was "Oh, are the police in the parking lot? We didn't know." If I could see the flashing lights from the front desk, surely they could see them.
My wife asked for a map of the local area. Instead of Jacksonville area, she was given a map of Orlando.
The room was dirty, former guests food was left in refrigerator, and there was a sour smell to the room. If you drink coffee, you best bring your own own, or pay them 75 cents for a pack of coffee (First time I ever had to pay for a pack of coffee at a hotel) There was a trash bag full of garbage in the hall way at 7:00 PM , it was still there the next day at 9:00 PM.
One lady who checked in the second day, had to beg for a new room because the room assigned to her was filthy and smelled of urine, Needless to say she wasn't very happy, and was looking for a new hotel the next day. (She told us she had booked a room for 5 days, but one night was enough for her.
If there was a rating worse then terrible, I would give it to this hotel. It is a disgrace to the Homestead Suites chain. I wouldn't recommend this "hotel" to my worst enemy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Jacksonville Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Extended Stay America Jacksonville