“Nice staff and clean environment.”

Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Leesburg, Georgia
“Nice staff and clean environment.”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Very nice staff, rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was decent. Good location to all shopping. Quiet area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Florida, USA
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding that was taking place in the South Jacksonville area. Baymeadows was the center of all the events we needed to attend, so the location worked very well for us.

The hotel is renovated from an older establishment. You can see this in how the hotel itself is set up. The breakfast room is basically in the lobby and our room was directly off that. Not much for privacy.

The Baymeadows exit was easy to navigate off I-95. Butler Blvd, the next exit north was much more confusing to navigate. We were conveniently located about 10 minutes south of Downtown Jacksonville.

The room was nicely appointed for a 2.5 star hotel. There was a nice King bed, tv, computer desk, sitting area (didn't check if the couch folded out), good size mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, closet and hair dryer. The bathroom was pretty standard... another sign of the older hotel architecture. They didn't put any renovation money into the bathroom. Overall I was impressed with the comfort of the room. Despite to location of our room, it was very quiet. Even in the morning during breakfast.

Two additional perks of this hotel were the free breakfast and free WIFI. The breakfast was a mediocre continental style breakfast. The WIFI worked fairly well. I had to skip between WIFI connections a few times when it appeared to time out.

We mainly used this hotel for sleeping, so in that, it was good enough for our stay. Would I recommend this to a friend? maybe not. Only if you get a good deal like we did. We got 2 nights for the price of one. I wouldn't pay rack rates for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I was traveling with my family from New York to Miami and stayed in many hotels, all were great except for this one. The rooms were clean and pretty nice, but we stayed here for the hot breakfast. Much to our surprise, they had run out of waffles and sausage and stated there was no more b/c they had a busy weekend. The breakfast server, Silvana, was rude and when the guests complained that it was too early to clean up, she stated she had other things to do. We spoke with the front-desk gentleman named Russell, who accused of getting to breakfast oo late (we were there 20 minutes before closing) and he refused to give us a credit. The breakfast server continued to laugh about the situation and was extremely unprofessional and rude. Worst service I've ever seen and worst staffing. Wrote to the owner and got no response. I called and the manager was nice enough to issue me a partial credit but I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank marusita
kuvergee, Owner/Manager at Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd, responded to this review, January 13, 2010
As the Owner of the Comfort Suites Baymeadows we never try to make a guest experience as inconvenient as this review states. I am very familiar with the guest comments as she did call the hotel and communicate her issues with me. She also sent me an email describing her incident, which I followed up with an employee meeting the next day as well as a refund to the guest which she called to confirm with the hotel.

To defend my hotel, our staff was extremely busy during the New Year and Gator Bowl event in Jacksonville, FL. I have never had a response from a guest about my staff remotely relating to this guest experience. In her review she stated a name Silvana and Russell; I do not have any employees with those names working at my hotel.

I appreciate the chance to respond and I hope other guest can experience the high quality of our accommodation at the Comfort Suites Baymeadows in Jacksonville, FL
Edgefield, South Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2009

One night stay on way to Disney.

Check-in was fast and gentleman was nice and helpful.

Room was average but clean. Wi-fi worked well.
TV is placed in such a way that it is not seen as well as we liked. But minor detail.

Thought we would go out for dinner but got there late and ordered from Vino's. $19.99 plus tax for large three item pizza, 8 wings and 4 bud lights was very good and delivered quick.

Easy on and off from I-95.

Breakfast was okay but nothing to brag about. But it is included in the price of the room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
savannah ga
Reviewed April 16, 2009

the front desk staff was great. the rooms we really nice and comfy. it was a very clean hotel and it was extremely modern. the guy said it had just been renovated. we had an amazing stay!

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, Ohio
Reviewed February 17, 2008

Great location just off I/95. Hotel entrance was under renovation but not an issue, even in the rain. Hotel common areas & room exceptionally clean. The whirl tub was an added bonus. Staff very friendly. After check out, we realized we'd been charged for a call we did not make. It only took one call to the hotel desk clerk to rectify. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — location - near several restaurants
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple