You know the saying, "You can't polish a ......" You know the rest right? The hotel looks great on the outside but when you walk in the front door you are hit with a strong smell of perfume-like air freshener or deodorizer. I guess that is better than the alternative odor you could get.
The staff was friendly but pretty much just, well, average. They sit behind the counter and try to help but most of the answer we got were, "The boss isn't here and I don't know how to do that." Seriously, I was disappointed by that answer over and over.
The hotel sits down on Western Way Circle next to a fire station and surrounded by industrial building so night time is quiet. In our case, they put us on the top floor so we weren't going to hear much anyway.
The room was clean and the beds comfortable. There is a sitting area with a couch, a desk for working at, and a decent flat screen tv in the room. There is also the standard microwave and fridge for your use.
The bathroom was okay. The counter top was pretty worn and missing the front panel but that is just cosmetic. The water pressure in the shower is nearly non-existent but the trickle coming out is at least hot.
The biggest issue for us while we were there was the constant loss of internet service. It happened everyday for as much as 6 hours at a time. When we asked what was going on with it, the girl at the desk said, yeah you guess it, "The boss is not here and I don't know how to fix it."
Because our business depends on a wi-fi connection, we really took a hit while staying here. Would we go back? Maybe if we were in the area and we need just one night but not for any longer than that. The property is overpriced but the location is decent so if you need a night and a location close to 95, check this property out. It was not terrible just a disappointing for a Comfort Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Baymeadows, a Jacksonville hotel near Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville beachesConveniently located close to Jacksonville's businesses, the entertainment district and Jacksonville beaches, the Comfort Suites® Baymeadows is ideal for everyone. This Jacksonville, FL hotel provides easy access to Downtown Jacksonville, the Museum of Science and History, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Southpoint/JTB and Baymeadows Corporate Centers are close to this Florida hotel. The Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical South are located less than eight miles away.The University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus are less than 10 miles away. The Avenues mall and St. John's Town Center, which features more than 150 shops and services, are just three miles from the hotel. Several golf courses and historic St. Augustine are only 15 minutes away.Located on the banks of the St. John's River, Jacksonville Landing is home to a variety of unique shops, fine dining, trendy bars and nightclubs buzzing with excitement. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TravelUp, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites