“Great Stay!”

Ranked #57 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Brunswick, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel was very accomodating. I have stayed several times and always enjoy each stay. The breakfast is great. They even have strawberry flavored waffled and allowed me to have a lard checkout. Which was very much appreciated. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I found our experience to be rather adequate. I am originally from the Jacksonville area, and I came home to take care of some business and to see the folks. This location was convenient for us as I needed to be on the Southside for business, and my family lives on the Northside. I-95 is right there. You can get anywhere in minutes.

We checked in later in the evening by a friendly guy. The front lobby makes the property look better than it really does. All of the public areas were clean and inviting. The room was just... meh. It wasn't dirty. It didn't smell. It just ... I don't know how to describe it. It was just a room.

The only thing I did not like was that in an attempt to make a "suite" they divided the room with this support wall. The bedroom area was on the left and the seating area was on the right. Of course, they are only going to put one TV in the room, so what do they do? They put it smack dab in the middle. So, it didn't matter where you sat in the room, you always had an awkward view of the TV. We didn't come to Jacksonville to watch TV, but it was something to laugh at when we finally settled down for the night.

The bathroom also left much to be desired. They really should update a few things, so it looks less like a horror film. It was clean, but just so... it reminded me of the bathroom in the movie Psycho, yes, the film where the girl gets stabbed to death in the shower.

The water took about 20 minutes to heat up. This was extremely irritating. At first I thought I didn't know how to use the taps, but then I realised I'm not that much of an idiot. I let the water run and run and run before it finally got tepid. I got into the shower anyway (we were in a hurry) and by the time I was done THEN the water got hot. Same thing in the sink. It's wasteful to run the water like that just waiting for it to heat up.

We slept okay. The bed seemed fine. No bedbugs. The next morning we went down for the free breakfast. Really, you get what you pay for. It's the standard fare, the junk they serve at all the free breakfast hotels. Nothing to write home about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Etowah, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a big fan of the Comfort Hotels brand. This hotel was not up to their usual standards. It is right off of a busy highway and directly across the street from a fire station. Frankly, the neighborhood seemed a bit deserted at night and I was not comfortable walking out to find a place to eat dinner. My room was facing the front of the hotel. The outside light and noise, although not intolerable, was not pleasant. Also, the tub drain was clogged and a bedside lamp was not working. The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a room away from the front of the hotel and the lights and sirens from the fire sta...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Doug124
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I were on the way from NC to Daytona. We were tired just outside of Jacksonville, so we called Choice Hotels for a place to stay off of 95 in Jacksonville. They reserved us a king suite at Comfort Suites Baymeadows. The rate was cheap, under $100 a night, with another 10% for AAA. This on a Friday at the beginning of spring break week. The room was large and clean, nicely furnished and decorated. The living area/small kitchenette/bathroom were at the front of the room. The bed was on the other side of a dividing wall. This meant you could leave on the bathroom light without disturbing your sleep. There were plenty of receptacles for cell phones, computers, and other electronics. The kitchenette included a minifridge, sink, and microwave. The bed was a King and super comfortable, and they provided a ton of soft cushy pillows. The complimentary breakfast bar in the lobby had plenty of variety for a continental, and you could even have eggs. Location wise, it was good. All the amenities of town were close, traffic wasn't bad either. The only minor gripe I have is the internet connection - it was not very fast. Should be sufficient for email, not so much for streaming video and such.

Room Tip: King suite was only a little more than regular, but the bed size and room layout is definitely worth...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a total of 9 rooms booked here for a baseball tournament. The hotel is very old with nothing updated. Wallpaper peeling off the walls, roof leaking water in the lobby, the beds were terrible, wi-fi didn't work 90% of the time just to name a few. The worst part was the front desk clerk, Travis. He was rude and very unprofessional. I will be contacting the general manager more about him. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Hillsboro
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were given the impression this facility catered to business travelers and therefore chose it over others since we had to make some internet contacts for scheduling arrival times. However their internet was not available during the evening of the check-in nor the following morning. Hotel staff couldn't even access it. Another person had to find a Starbucks in order to submit a required report to his home office. "I'll tell the manager when he comes in" was what I was told twice. Breakfast was a disaster. They ran out of sausage and eggs before the end of the breakfast period. They even ran out of their bold and regular coffee. Decaf was the only one available. The lady "servicing" the area was most unfriendly. The fitness center was closed due to remodeling and not available. One person at breakfast was complaining the restroom was even out of tissue.

The room was comfortable, but the elevator was as slow as molasses. The lights indicating the floor on one of the two elevators did not work.

I normally do not give negative reviews, but this one rubbed me the wrong way. Especially when the desk people could not do more than say "I'm sorry" nor make any token price adjustment.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John L
kuvergee, Owner at Comfort Suites Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of all issues and will be addressing them accordingly. We strive for perfection at our property and I am personally upset that you did not receive excellent service while visiting. If you are ever in the Jacksonville, FL area please contact me directly, I hope to compensate you in some way if possible.

Jitan Kuverji
Owner
csbaymeadows@gmail.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We like this hotel a lot! The staff is super nice, rooms are excellent very spacious, a lot variety of channels, breakfast was good, lots of parking spaces, this place was really nice! home away from home.... I will recommend this place

• Stayed February 2013