“Delicious Mexican Food”
Review of cantina laredo

cantina laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
cantina laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,232 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: new upscale mexican restaurant in St. Johns Town Center
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Upscale Mexican Restaurant in Saint John’s Town Center. The service was excellent. Ask for Ashley - she is terrific. The corn chips were warm, crispy & delicious. They make their own salsa - sooo good. There were three of us. We started w/house margaritas which were great. To go w/them, we ordered Top Shelf Guacomole - Ashley made it at our table. It could not have been more fresh & delicious. For the main course, we ordered one cilantro salad w/grilled shrimp - it came w/a lime vinegarette dressing, we also ordered 2 halibut specials w/rice & grilled asparagus. For dessert we had warm churros w/dipping sauce - mango & chocolate. Can’t say enough - all of the food was outstanding & cooked perfectly. We were there for hours and had a great time. If you love Mexican food, do not miss Cantina Laredo.

ChadP945, General Manager at cantina laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and tell them to keep up the good work. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Worth eating. A little more pricy than expected. No complaints. Server recommended all dishes that we tried.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Cantina Laredo. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

My wife and had not been to Cantina Laredo in quite a while. It was everything we remembered. The food was excellent. She ordered the Grilled salmon, chimichurri sauce. Asparagus and cilantro lime rice. I ordered the CHILAQUILES,Chicken with sautéed tortillas in tomatillo salsa, topped with two fried eggs. This was the first time I have had this dish that did not use a ranchero sauce for the tortillas and I liked this version. For desert she had the TRES CHOCOLATE BROWNIE With pecans and walnuts on a sizzling skillet with Mexican brandy butter and vanilla ice cream. I had the CHURROS With raspberry chocolate sauce and creamy mango sauce to dip. Everything was great. Also the Chilaquiles came with a Bloody Maria that was quite tasty. Cantina Laredo is still a great choice in our opinion.

Chad P, General Manager at cantina laredo, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

I am very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Cantina Laredo! I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Husband, Daughter and I went for a family dinner together before she headed back to college so looked for a nice Mexican dinner. Aware that the menu food preparations are more Americanized than authentic, we kept our expectations appropriate. We ordered the Camerones De Relleno and Combination (chicken and steak) Fajitas. The steak was a over cooked and not very tender. The Relleno was not what I expected. Portion size was a bit small and presentation seriously lacking. It looked as if it was just sloppily pulled into the bowl with some of it on the rim of the bowl. You would expect this in a take out restaurant but not in a moderately placed restaurant right across from Capital Grill and J Alexander’s. Please work on adding some authentication to your menu with improved flavors, adding flan, and working on presentation. I will say the apple pie and brownie desserts are to die for! Take the. I also used to like coming for the Happy Hour but don’t anymore because I can’t stand having to sit in high chairs at the bar, if you can even find an open chair. They should consider opening up the booths in the bar area for Happy Hour. I enjoy meeting colleagues for drinks and small plates and you can’t have any type of descent conversation sitting along the bar. Places like Bistro Aix, III Forks, and Ruth Chris in Ponte Vedra understands this and provides guests with table to enjoy their food and drinks over conversation across a table.

Chad P, General Manager at cantina laredo, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We will use your comments as a teaching moment for our staff. We would love to see you again soon and improve on your recent visit!

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Anniversary night out. Returned to an old favorite. Had not been there is a few months. Always looked forward to it as a special night out. Expecting great food. Why is it that restaurants feel they need to keep changing on a good thing?
The new menu is slimmer and the options are more limited. First drink and chips. On the start they have gone to a single type of salsa. It is still good but, not the two we were expecting, The chips were still thin and fresh. Next the signature guacamole which was always done at table-side with much attention ( I really enjoyed watching the process) was rushed and marginally mashed up back behind us. Definitely not up to par. My wife ordered the rib eye off the menu and i tried the fajitas. I was so looking forward to a bite of her steak. but the spices were heavy with the paprika and tasted as if they had just been thrown on after cooking. The fajitas were just ok. actually tasted a little flat. Then the final disappointment; they do not serve Flan anymore. I always love a good flan after a well seasoned meal. The sweetness takes away some of the good sting. Rich heavy and a great way to top off some southwest fare. Another expectation unmet. My summary; fewer choices, bland food and lost attention to the details. Too bad. I will miss the Cantina Larado I came to know and love when we were one of the first guests in Jacksonville to be at the soft opening.

2  Thank jaxdaugherty

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you had an underwhelming anniversary dinner. Unfortunately our menu changes are dictated by sources outside of the restaurant, but rest assured, you are not the first to be disappointed by the flan going off the menu. It is possible it could make a return on our next menu change but nothing is set in stone. We do have the hot salsa available on request as well. I'm sorry that your server neglected to mention that to you. We will definitely use your comments to build up our staff and make sure that our standards are being met with every table. Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to be able to see you again soon!