““Upscale” low-class wanna-be Mexican food ”
Review of cantina laredo

cantina laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
cantina laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,232 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: new upscale mexican restaurant in St. Johns Town Center
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

We recently celebrated my father‘s birthday here because he particularly chose this restaurant. The only reason I came here was because he specifically wanted to eat at this restaurant, nevertheless I was disappointed with my meal and the service. I ordered the Cancun dinner combination and the quality of the food was low class and it definitely wasn’t real authentic Mexican. The only thing “upscale” about this restaurant is their location and their prices. I’ve heard from real Mexicans that this place is a joke if you’re looking for real authentic Mexican, and you can get much better quality for better prices elsewhere in town. The one thing I enjoyed the most at this restaurant was their chips and salsa, but the main meal was a real letdown. As far as customer service, our waitress did not really seem thrilled to be serving us and often times took her time to attend to us after a particular need was presented to her even when she had the means to fulfill our request immediately. For example at one point asked her if I could get more water and she had a water pitcher in her hand full of water and yet she walked away and then came back afterwards after a couple minutes to refill my water. At one point she seemed to even roll her eyes. She just didn’t seem genuinely welcoming to us, even though she had a smile that seemed forced and fake. I don’t know if that’s her personality or if she was just having a bad day, nevertheless it seemed to affect her customer service. Anyways, if you’re looking for “upscale prices” and “upscale location”, but questionable customer service and low class wanna be Mexican food then this is the restaurant for you. If you’re looking for authentic real Mexican food you can definitely find that elsewhere in Jacksonville at much better prices than Cantina Laredo.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Cantina Laredo is “hands down” the best Mexican food available in Jacksonville. The service is always perfect & the fare excellent.
Out ‘trio’ enjoyed every last scrape of the table prepared guacamole. The ceviche was fresh and flavorful. Even the chips were warm and delicious. Steak tacos were perfect. No other restaurant in Jacksonville serves Mexican food on this level.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Stopped in for lunch while waiting for our appointment at the Apple store.The clean upscale look tells you immediately this is not your run of the mill Mexican Restaurant. We found the service very attentive and ordered from the lunch menu. My wife's selection was something that had a lot of ingredients and they were all mixed up, (I forgot the name), but the taste was excellent and it surprised our taste buds. (my wife insisted I taste it) My own selection were the Tacos and they were good and had a nice presentation. This restaurant has moved up to destination status for us.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for lunch before an Apple class and are so glad we did. It's tough for us to pass a Mexican restaurant that we haven't tried. Upscale is so nice for a change, no loud music or screaming children. The service was excellent and the food was even better. My wife's opinion is that this is the best Mexican food since we were in Albuquerque!

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We saw it and decided, what the hey. Great decision!!! Presentation was majestic only surpassed by the taste.