“Fresh and Flavorful”
Review of cantina laredo

cantina laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
cantina laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: new upscale mexican restaurant in St. Johns Town Center
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Our first experience was a favorable introduction. The menu offers unique twists on your favorite dishes. Service was excellent, especially for a week-end. We would definitely be regulars if we lived in Jacksonville.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely Horrible! Beware!! We called ahead for a special occasion dinner for 10 people and we were told mucho muy mas tables available (they couldn't wait for us to arrive) and, upon arrival from the beach (20 mile drive), no mas table!!! Bait and switch lies (told us that we must have asked about a 4-top) and, oh by the way, the "food court" caliber food is disgusting and muy overpriced! CL = Yuck Vomit!

1  Thank Lonestar4Life
Reviewed August 13, 2013

A really excellent choice for Mexican food in/around Orange Park and Jacksonville.

If you come here, you can eat at the bar, or even a table. They have a REALLY nice "Tequila Tasting" arrangement where you get to pick 4 (!) tequila (sipping!) shot-sizes for a low price. The tequilas vary in quality, but all are VERY smooth. These aren't "shooting" drinks. These are ones you savor, almost like wine or whiskey.

The drinks alone, along with some very knowledgeable staff, make this a can't-miss destination.

1  Thank Richard Z
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We love Mexican food and Cantina Laredo is one of our favorites. I have to say that my favorite thing on the menu is the Patron margarita. It is fantastic (expensive, though). I recommend going during happy hour where you not only get a break on some of the drinks, but several appetizers are half off (at the bar only). Ladies' night is on Thursday, I believe, and the house margaritas (also good) are, like, $3. Brunch on Sundays includes a free Mimosa or Bloody Mary. The best meals I've ever had there, however, are the food & margarita pairings where they feature items that are not on the menu. For $35. per person, you have your choice of an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. For an additional $15. per person, you have a drink accompany each course (varied and made to complement the particular dish), making it a total of $50. per person. I guarantee you will have lunch the next day because you won't be able to finish it. The manager, Patrick, is excellent at his job and ensures that you are having a good experience. The only thing I've tried that I do not recommend is the crabcake. All else is excellent!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Overall Cantina Laredo lives up to your expectations....if you do not set the bar too high. It is a lovely atmosphere--upscale tex Mexican cuisine but let's remember that this IS a formula based chain restaurant so do not expect too much. Salsas are great, guac, at $9 is a bit pricey as are all the drinks and apps here.,,,,$9.00 for soup--you are paying more for presentation. Still tableside service at least ensures you have something of passable service here--otherwise servers are always spread a bit too thin for my liking. Entrees on a recent Saturday were plated well and tasty enough but my chicken was grilled--and grill marks were substantially bitter--the hallmark of a novice line cook and a less than stellar cleaning job on the grill. Disappointing because the rest of the dish was well prepared. I could not finish the dish due to to this and left hungry.