“Great for business”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I originally booked at the Comfort Suites, two doors away. The stay was so unpleasant that we checked out and into the Hilton. The front desk staff was great, they got our room ready by 11:00 AM instead of making us wait unitl 3:00 or 4:00. Also, they let me into the business center to work until the room was ready.

We had a whirlpool suite with a HUGE tub, large kitchen bar, two huge rooms making it easy to work.

For business, all the work that I needed could be printed from my room to the business center and securely retrieved their. Large desk area. Can't say enough good.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Sheblin

Reviewed January 29, 2007

Good hotel, excellent value. Staff was helpful, breakfast -convenient. It's wayyyy on the north side of Jacksonville but if you need to be near the airport, here it is. Restaurants nearby.

Hey, if you're driving, watch out for the speed trap! I watched the cops pull over more than two dozen cars.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Wind-In-His-Hair
Reviewed June 10, 2006

This chain has really impressed me during my business travels. This location was my fifth stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. They are higher priced but you get a clean, spacious room and comfortable beds. I like the location, close to the freeway and it wasn't hard to get on and off despite some road work going on. The staff was friendly, lobby was clean and comfortable with a fire place and small breakfast/lounge area, which all added up to a really pleasant stay. I appreciated the "fitness" center ( a couple of treadmills and cross trainer) because it was centrally located, had TV or Radio option and was cool enough with just the A/C on. Over all I would rate it in the top 2%, and trust me, I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels (I travel about 2 weeks a month and have seen some really bad hotels, even in this price range).

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank mnmusn
Reviewed May 26, 2006

We stayed only 1 night but the room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was for breakfast only but there were some within walking distance.

A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2005

Stayed at the JAX HGI as a stopover while driving from VA to Orlando. As a Hilton Diamond, I was able to score an upgrade to one of the Jr Suites. This was particularly sweet given the low weekend rate. Housekeeping was particularly efficient in getting a roll away bed to the room, getting there when we got to the room. The post about the AC unit noise is quite true. I stay in 20 - 30 hotels a year and don't believe I have ever heard a unit as loud as the units at this property.

If this unit is new as posted earlier, it has seen quite a bit of wear in a short time. Stains and marks were evident on the bathroom door and carpets. Also, we opted not to try the outside jacuzzi because of promenent algea growth. I rarely use the things, but would have liked to after 10 hours in a car.

Because we stayed Saturday night, the restaurant and bar were closed. Fortunately, the Mill House Restaurant had opened earlier in the month. Though the service was still in training, I can recommend it as a good option to the Ruby Tuesday and Lonestar.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed March 17, 2005

Had an extra day and decided to take advantage of FL sunshine. Unfortunately, the towel in the shower had been used and had signficant fresh stains went I pulled it down. Took it down to the front desk and got no response. However, room is good size, internet access is available and location is convienant.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2005

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Jacksonville. Our room was particularly large and tastefully decorated. We had a king size bed, a 27” TV, and an easy chair. The room had good lighting and a good workstation for using a laptop computer. The hotel offers complimentary use of their computer/internet in their business centre.

Our only complaint about the room was with the heater/air conditioner; it was noisier than a fast freight train! We simply turned the unit off, though the solitude of the night was interrupted periodically when the neighboring room’s heater kicked in.

The close proximity of the hotel to the airport was a key factor in our choice of hotels. Had we known that the breakfast was not included in the price of the room, we likely would have stayed at the nearby Hampton Inn. Neighborhood restaurants include Denny’s, Wendy’s, Outback, and Ruby Tuesday.

There is virtually no shopping, nearby. We took a $12 taxi ride to Wal Mart, though we would have preferred a mall; there aren’t any around.

• Stayed: February 2005