“Feels like home”

Ranked #18 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
St Petersburg
“Feels like home”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Convenient location with a staff that makes you feel like you're at home. The price was excellent, and they were willing to make food for me and my husband late in the evening. We will be return guests the next time we travel to Jacksonville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay primarily at Hilton Garden Hotels all over the country and in most cases my stays are excellent. This one was pretty good, but it could have been a little better for sure. The bathroom in my hotel room was not cleaned very well. The floor has dirty footprints on it and the toilet was certainly not cleaned...a little disgusting. Also, there were two partial rolls of toilet paper--not enough for my three-night stay. When I asked the service folks for more rolls (and I needed them...) it took them over an hour to get them to me. That was after they twice told me that they would be right up! Also, the room just did not feel clean--which could have been affected by the bathroom issue. What I will say as a real positive, however, was that I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant the night before I left, and it was EXCELLENT. From my server to the food to the cook--all exceeded my expectations. It would have been a perfect stay had the room been prepared for better and the staff been a little more responsive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RUTEX2002
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pool was green. Staff couldn't be bothered to clean the room properly, gym is useless if there is more than one person in there. Room was noisy and the AC made a racket when it kicked on. I left a dirty coffee mug on the counter and when I came back it was still there. Ran out of toilet paper on one roll, they didn't reload it. No shampoo or conditioner on the second day of my stay. Don't know if they changed the sheets the whole time I was there. Next time I'll bring a blacklight!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIJAX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and will be correcting the housekeeping and maintenance concerns you had. During your visit, there was one day where the pool was shock treated in order to keep it perfect and due to this there was a greenish color for a few hours. This treatment allows us to have a crystal blue pool as it is right now. The fitness center has an elyptical machine, 2 treadmills and a large set of free weights and is popular with our guests. In our sustainabilty efforts, we participate in conserve to preserve where we place a card on the nightstand informing guests that if they would like their bed linens changed daily, to place the card on the pillow otherwise we change the linens every 3 days for stay overs. All linen is laundered after each guest checks out. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Jacksonville and thank you again for providing us feedback to correct our opportunities.
Fairfax, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was a last minute choice as a place to stay. I witnessed the staff trying their best ot accomodate a guest with several issues. I was impressed beyond belief with their patience and concern for the guest..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Augusta, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

One of the best HGI hotels we have ever stayed at. The people were so nice and the service was top notch. We what to go back just to see them again they were so nice. The hotel is located close to the interstate, airport, cruise port, and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

FL
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this particular Hilton to meet up with family. The property is well-maintained, pretty Hilton lobby and clean rooms with great beds! Staff all worked with Hilton courtesy and professionalism we've come to appreciate over our travels. Nice stop for all, especially if needing a place near the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are beyond outstanding. The young lady at check-in was lovely, polite and efficient. The breakfast staff were so terrific! They brought us coffee, and when I started coughing one woman rushed over to me with a glass of water! The cook at the breakfast buffet would have cooked us anything we wanted. She made me some awesome fluffy pancakes. Seriously one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had.
The room was large and clean. Only downside was the bathroom. They made a design mistake by not installing exhaust fans in the bathrooms. The effects of too much humidity were obvious. Peeling wallpaper and soft Sheetrock. And it took 1/2 hour for the mirror to defog. Tough to dry hair in a sauna like bathroom.
Easy to overlook a little flaw when everything else is so fantastic.

• Stayed August 2013