“The name suits it! Cozy!”

Cozy Tea Tea Room & Shoppe
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Cozy yet not stuffy in any way. I've been here on several occasions and I adore it. It's a real tea room run by a charming woman. The teas are always perfect, I tend to get the black strawberry when I go. And I love the lunch menu where you pick a soup and a savory pastry or sandwich. Also comes with a salad! The potato soup is divine, as are the sausage pastry and curry chicken pastry.

I'm so glad that Jacksonville has a place like this to enjoy!

1  Thank SucreBleu

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This place is so unique and in one of my favorite places in Jacksonville, Five Points/Riverside. The food is delicious and the selection of tea is great. But you don't have to be a tea lover to enjoy the eccletic atmosphere and the yummy scones. Stop by with your honey or have a Mommy-daughter day, of which I did both. This place is one of the things I miss most about Jax!

1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Ok tea is for those of us who like to enjoy themselves with good food and tasty confections. We took my daughter and granddaughter to tea here and had a wonderful time. The food was almost as good as what I make at home, there is no higher accolade.

1  Thank peterswc
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was looking for a quaint little place to take my MIL for lunch, and I specifically wanted the "Tea experience" (aka--loose-leaf tea choices, yummy, nibbly food, an atmosphere that encouraged talking together in a cozy environment). I looked up tea shops on Urban Spoon, and Cozy Tea stood out as unique, locally owned, and highly rated.

We got there around 12:30 and the place was quite busy--I guess lots of locals know about it too! But we were seated right away in a cozy corner of the shop and began our 90 minute "Tea experience" lunch: our server was attentive but not hovering, the menu offered different choices, but not too many, and the tea menu was incredible!!! Over 40 to choose from! Each table had a different tablecloth and each place-setting had a different cup and saucer.

My MIL had a salad, I had a curried-chicken salad sandwich with soup (spiced corn & butternut squash!) and chips. My tea as AMAZING (Kyoto cherry rose green tea), and my MIL's was yummy too (Royal fruit tea). My only complaint is the size of the tea pots. It was $3.75 per pot of tea, which resulted in 2 cups. An extra $1 got you a hot water refill, but I like full-flavored tea and would have ordered another pot if it wasn't so much.

I finished off my meal with a cranberry and orange scone, with real clotted cream and jam. This was the closest-tasting to English scones with cream nd jam that I've experienced in the states.

We enjoyed our lunch and tea, and next time I'm in the Jacksonville, I'll DEFINATELY come back! Highly recommended!

3  Thank loralady
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was so surprised to find this quaint, delicious, and friendly little tea and lunch spot, tucked among the more eclectic shops in Five Points. From the classical music, to the lovely little chandeliers and friendly service, the owner has found the perfect formula for a successful tea room. It is aptly named....cozy, not stuffy. You may find a table filled with little girls having their first "real" tea party, or a group of ladies having a lively lunch. The food is delicious, and their soups are amazing, particularly the spicy butternut squash and corn soup. They offer quiche, sandwiches, soups, salads, and a nice assortment of desserts. Their tea menu is quite extensive, and while I am not a big tea drinker, you are almost compelled to have some, in order to enjoy the beautiful tea cups sitting on each table. I'm so glad that Jacksonville finally has a tea room that is a quiet, cozy respite from our hectic days.

2  Thank pigskingal