“Sunday, food and little prayer”
Review of Mandaloun

Mandaloun
Ranked #71 of 2,097 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Now that I discovered Tripadvisor, to write what you eat and where, becomes addicting.
Back in March, I decided to have MiddleEastern cuisine for lunch and buffet style is always my first choice. The restaurant was wide, clean and gourmet looking. The buffet on weekends was about $17. Yes, it was worth it. I had shrimps, beef with spiced rice, chicken kabab, kifta kabab, humus, eggplant cream or babaghanouj, and of course, Tabouleh, also known as the Lebanese salad, and the stuffed grape leaves that look like little cigars. They had it all for a middleEastern cuisine buffet. The food tasted great. What was so special about that particular sunday? members of the Lebanese Catholic Church happened to be at the restaurant right after their mass celebration. And it happened that upon my beginning to serve my food, the priest blessed the food and all recited the Lord's prayer. Another jubilant and mystic experience accommodating myself with lovely lunches. I may say that it was a bit extravagant with all of the Lebanese cuisine homemade style that was available. For desert, I had rice pudding, but this Lebanese version is solid with a bit orange blossom water flavor, unlike the coconut milky version that Indians make. I also had Halawa, which is Tahini and marshmallow and honey base. I loved this place and had my meal outdoors with viewing of some shops and cafes.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I can't believe it had taken me so long to visit this restaurant that I drive by every day! What a little gem it is. It is a family owned restaurant with very attentive service and Chef Pierre makes you feel like one of the family. The food is delicious and well presented. Even my kids give it a thumbs up and request to go back to eat there! You will likely be too full for dessert but you'll have to get some to take home. I can attest to the baklava with coffee for breakfast :)

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Dined here last night and Chef Pierre prepared a great meal. The waiters were very friendly and meal was served in a timely manner. Great food great music.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The Batata Harra was delicious and I love the pita they bring with the olive oil and thyme. The atmosphere is very nice and the Lebanese coffee is a delight. This is my favorite Mediterranean place in Jax!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The owner made suggestions on the menu and they were "spot on!" We found this restaurant while traveling through Jacksonville. We always try to find non-chain restaurants when traveling.