“One of the BEST Mediterranean Restaurants I've enjoyed in years!”
Review of Mandaloun

Mandaloun
Ranked #84 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

OK, so I went to this shopping plaza to go to a Vietnamese Restaurant called Bowl of Pho, there was a line out the door and I just didn't have time to wait. On the walk to the restaurant, I passed Mandaloun and was drawn by the rich aromas coming from the kitchen before I discovered the line......boy am I glad there was a line!

I am not usually a buffet fan, but they had stuffed yellow squash, stuffed grape leaves and stuffed cabbage; c'mon! I will say that as a person who travels the US and the globe, I have eaten a lot of tabbouleh, humus and baba ganouj......hands down, this place has the BEST!
I was so enthralled with the yellow squash I had to send a picture to my "foodie" brother in Atlanta to brag about my lunch.

If lunch was this good, I am absolutely coming for dinner on my next business trip to Jacksonville. I say give this place a try!

There are newer reviews for Mandaloun

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had dinner at the Mandaloun restaurant last evening and the food was wonderful! My husband enjoyed the stuffed cabbage - delicious, flavorful and plenty! I enjoyed the lamb shank - perfectly prepared - with freshly cooked squash and carrots, rice with special spices and peas - really great! The service was excellent and the nan bread warm, with oil and spices for dipping. We really enjoyed and will go back again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Several friends and I had lunch at Mandaloun. It was my second visit. We had the option of ordering from a menu or indulging in the luncheon buffet - about $12 for an all-you-could-eat feast of cold and hot choices. I went for the buffet because I wanted to try all the different tastes and I wasn't disappointed. We were not rushed, the server provided us with separate checks, and the owner and staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The last time I was there it was with my husband and another couple on a weekend night for dinner and we were treated to a performance by a belly dancer (Friday and Saturday nights). It's a great place all around. I don't know the answers to the questions about delivery or brunch. The view consists of a parking lot, as the restaurant is in a shopping center, so one does not go here for the outdoor scenery!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We had the Grand Mezza Platter...a little pricey, but more than enough food for two people. It gave you an opportunity to try a little bit of everything. The food was delicious, especially the kabobs. Service was very attentive...even with a busy Sunday crowd...we had two servers and what appeared to be the owner taking care of us...super friendly! The only suggestion would be to clean the HVAC vent on the wall (very dusty) and to keep the salt & pepper shakers full...all were half full and it makes you wonder how clean the kitchen is. All in all...we would return and recommend Mandaloun!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ambiance :
--------------
Decent for an ethnic restaurant. Clean.

Service :
-----------
Slow and inattentive. Our waiter was just running around when he had only two tables to attend to including ours.

Quality of food:
-------------------
Just ok. I ordered Kafta Khosh-Khash which as per menu should have come with 'spicy' tomato sauce but what I actually got tasted like heated canned tomato sauce. Overall it was dull and bland compared to other Lebanese restaurants I visited before this one.

Price:
---------
Not justified for what you're getting in return.

Summary:
------------
I don't know if I set my expectations high based on all the raving reviews here or is it just the dish we ordered, in any case we came out with a negative impression and decided not to go back here.

If your'e a foodie and wants to give it a go, you should try it out as your mileage may vary.