“Great choice for mediterranean cuisine”
Review of Mandaloun

Mandaloun
Ranked #85 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I recently went to this place looking for chicken shawarma, and just my luck they had it! It was amazing i highly recommend this dish, they also brought me pita and hummus which was as well excellent! All in all the food was amazing! The service was very friendly and made me feel at home! I would recommend this place to all my friends definetly 5 star:)

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Our friends and we have been frequenting this Middle Eastern restaurant. We have never had a bad meal (we never even had a mediocre meal), and the staff is most accommodating.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Ordered Blue moon beer, it was brought without Orange when I inquired (waiter - believe to be Owner's son) said let me check never returned... Food - medium.
A second waiter brought our check - son returned and stated check was wrong- he changed an Ouzo shot - half water half Ouzo from $5 to $8. Last note, my beer "draft" now because I never got an answer about orange slice had a piece of white napkin in it ----"I hope" very dissatisfied with experience-- they were not crowded at time of service.

1  Thank Rw C
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a great little jewel of a restaruant, serving up a great variety of authentic Lebanese fare. The food is tasty, pleasantly prepared and presented in a spotlessly clean environment. The owner personally checks that each guest is satisfied, and the food is not overly spicy. Don't be surprised if your waitress starts dancing somewhere during the meal!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Our Saturday night visit here was a special treat, recommended by friends. The owner is also the chef, and after a short conversation with his son, one of the waiters, the six of us decided to just let them decide what we would have. You can give them a price you want to pay for the meal, and it will be prepared accordingly, including dessert.

They brought at least 6 mezze dishes, and we were nearly full by the time three large platters of the entrees arrived. Service was excellent. By the time the baklava and coconut squares came, we could hardly move. It was all authentic Mediterranean food, and delicious. What made the place really special was the belly dancer who did three or four performances between 7 and 9, and then the Middle Eastern band that began playing around nine. If you closed your eyes to their music, you could not miss the feel of that part of the world. The owner obviously takes great pride in his work and enjoys talking with the customers. We we had him sit with us for a few minutes after the meal, to express our appreciation for the food and ambiance of his restaurant. It was a light crowd this particular night, and he made us feel part of the family.

The restaurant was a bit difficult for us to find, in the Deerwood Village Shopping Center on the south side of Jacksonville. But it was well worth the search, and we will be returning.