“Wonderful Seafood and Decent Prices”

Seafood Express and More
Ranked #318 of 2,037 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Texas Panhandle
“Wonderful Seafood and Decent Prices”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stay at Red Roof Inn at the airport in Jacksonville, when we are there. We found this little place years ago and have eaten there as often as possible. Many choices, and all fresh and wonderfully prepared. Not a fancy place, but clean as a whistle and very comfortable. Booths and tables. They offer most seafood prepared how you like it...fried, grilled, blackened. We eat our seafood fried, mostly. Never greasy; nice light batter and just delicious. Sides are wonderful too - lots of choices, fresh broccoli steamed just right, great hush puppies, baked potatoes are fresh and wonderful (not cooked 10 hours ago) and the rice is excellent! You order when you walk in the door, fix your own drinks, sit down, and they bring you your food. I had twelve prawns, served with rice, broccoli, hush puppies and a drink and it was about 14.00; husband had shrimp and clam strips, baked potato, broccoli and drink for about the same. And we took out enough shrimp for breakfast the next day. GREAT place. Dig it out and enjoy it!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cobwebs11

Paonia, Colorado
“great seafood”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Tucked away in a little strip mall is a gem of a seafood restaurant where we enjoyed a post game meal after the Gator Bowl. Inexpensive, fresh, and very good, I would recommend this to anyone staying in the area. It is easy to find, walk up to counter service, reasonable prices and good food.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Russell_12
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome Seafood Options”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This southside restaurant located near UNF and shopping is a great place for seafood and fresh water dishes at an economical price. They offer broiled, grilled and fried options. I have rarely had a complaint about the quality of the food I've received; and the staff is friendly and eager to make my dining a pleasurable experience regardless of whether I choose to dine-in or take-out. These people do seafood right!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank adiamondc2
Columbus, Ohio
“Nothing fancy, mainly fried seafood, but reasonably priced.”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

After my husband had visited here while on a business trip, he was anxious to take me to try it when we were in the area. The service is counter-order and you seat yourself. The restaurant is really an out-of-the-way place in a small strip mall, but not more than 10-15 minutes from the Jacksonville Airport (opposite side of I-95). Again, there is nothing fancy, but your average fried seafood platter fair. However, whether you're a fan of fried seafood or not, it's nice to know you have a choice of steamed or blackened for many of the dishes. Most of the meal was tasty, but a couple bites of the seafood left a little to be desired. Overall though, the meal was good, and fairly inexpensive. You do get a lot for your money, which is a rarity these days! So if you're near the Jacksonville airport, and you're looking for some quick inexpensive seafood, this place will do the trick!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank gjscraftygirl
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for the price”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The restaurant is a hidden gem an I was happy to find the prices were quite reasonable and the food was actually good! I ordered the special and for $8.99 it came with a flounder filet, a handful of shrimp prepared any way and two sides plus a refillable fountain drink. When my filet came out it looked like only half of it made it out of the pan but the problem was quickly remedied by one of the owners who had another filet prepared for me right away. What more could you ask for at prices like that?!

Visited March 2012