“Disappointingly inconsistent”

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointingly inconsistent”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

There are not many nice places to eat lunch on a workday in this part of town. So Uptown Market is in a position to take advantage of that . I have had several meals there and a full third of the time I feel I've been ripped off. Their portions, prices, and presentation are wildly inconsistent, to say the least. For example, I just paid $12 for something that was described as a Caesar salad with grilled rosemary chicken. What I got was 7 or 8 whole leafs of romaine, 7 or 8 tiny slices of cold chicken with no identifiable taste, a few large croutons and a sprinkling of grated cheese. There was no "salad", no other ingredients, no preparation/presentation. If it cost them $1.75 to produce it, I'd be surprised. Another time I had a Panini that was to include sliced chicken. I opened the sandwich when I saw and tasted no chicken, and I found two tiny slices that could not have weighed an ounce. Although I complained to my server, nothing was done. SO- if you want to be overcharged for an unsatisfactory meal, your chances are good here. I suggest you order a burger - they are very good and seem appropriately priced.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MargaretM692

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“A Great Place to Grab a Bite & Relax”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I found Uptown Market from a Groupon and fell in love with the place. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, but that's fine with the local. It's located on the edge of the historic Springfield district downtown.

They offer indoor and outdoor seating. If it's a nice day I recommend sitting outside. The really cool thing is that outdoors is dog friendly. I've brought the dogs and they'll cook them breakfast and bring them a water bowl. The staff is friendly and loved by the locals.

The breakfast menu is very robust. You ge everything from the traditional breakfast to their awesome crepes. I've tried everything on the menu and only one item I would not recommend - biscuits and gravy, I'm a southern boy by heart and have tough standards for biscuits and gravy. If you are looking for a hearty breakfast that will hold you until dinner be sure to tr the breakfast burrito.

“Southern Charm Service”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I visited Uptown Market for breakfast and a business meeting and was surprised to find this little jewel in the heart of Springfield.

Located in a strip of recently renovated buildings, Uptown Market has a classic diner feel but with some nice touches you may not expect. The breakfast menu isn't extensive, but has the "staples" of southern cuisine, including grits and biscuits and gravy. My breakfast guest enjoyed some crepes (Crepes? In Jacksonville? YAY!) that were delicious and I enjoyed a classic breakfast of scrambled eggs, home fries (deliciously seasoned and cooked with green peppers and onions), perfectly crispy bacon and a homemade biscuit. My scrambled eggs weren't as fluffy as I would have hoped, but next time I'll order them fried (another table has those and they looked perfect). Other menu items I'm looking forward to trying include the Huevos Rancheros, the breakfast burrito and the Corned Beef Hash, they all sounded great! I found the prices to be completely reasonable as well, making a future trip a done deal.

The crowning achievement of Uptown Market was the service. Our waitress was both attentive and intuitive, offering things before we even realized we might need them. She was very charming and worth coming back to see, she was the kind of server that makes you want to be a regular because you know she'll always take excellent care of you.

• Visited November 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great funky spot !”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Just great in every way! Roast beef salad is awesome!

“Great value”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a friendly, great value and most of all has delicious food ! Well worth a visit.