“I was disappointed”
Review of The Brick

The Brick
Ranked #26 of 2,026 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located amongst the stately oaks of Historic Avondale, Brick Restaurant features eclectic selections with regional inspiration. Brick is a neighborhood favorite with signature dishes embracing a modern take on American cuisine. The lofty interior features exposed brick walls and stained glass windows while al fresco diners enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of a quaint patio offering a front row seat to the charming surroundings of the historic district of Avondale.
Gainesville, Florida
“I was disappointed”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I ordered a Cuban traditional sandwich, and they served it burnt. Sure it is supposed to be pressed grilled, but the break was so dark burnt and hard I had a hard time eating it. My wife ordered a fish taco, and while it looked pretty, the 3 oz of fish they used split between the two taco’s was hardly enough to know it was a fish taco.

On the bright side, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was wonderful, and the location is outstanding. With this in consideration is the reason I gave them 3 stars instead of 2.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Steven H

Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
“Hmmmmm”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have only eaten here two times and both times the food was less than ok. Cold fries, fish too salty, long wait to get food etc...--Don't expect to go back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank John D
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
“Usually a good experience but today was Strange....”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Ok so, good points... The food was awesome as usual! I had the shrimp and grits and my boyfriend had the French dip. The bad point... The server. Anita was our server, she totally invaded my personal space and was trying to give us a sales pitch for some skin care line! When I first sat down she complimented my shirt and asked where I got it. When I replied my mom bought it for Christmas the waitress insisted I call my mom and ask her where she found it and proceeded to reach for the collar to check the tag!! It was so awkward I almost walked out!

Visited January 2014
Lake City, Florida
“Good, most highlights, a couple lows, though.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went for our wedding anniversary outing and were very pleased with the lump jumbo crab cake. All crab with just a little binder. Salad accompanied it and it was delicious, $14 though. I got the scallops with kale salad, my husband got the NY strip steak. My entrée was delicious! My husband's was big and pretty presentation, though his steak was not seasoned well...so, OK for him. We were very excited to try the bread pudding with apple and pecan. We even ordered Ala mode! It was not good. Very disappointed! It was dry...we used the ice cream to try to eat some of it but that killed our taste. Bad to have that as the taste lasting on your palate. We went across the street to 'Let them eat cake, got cookies and they were GREAT!

• Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“I really want to like this place, but can't.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been to the Brick on numerous occasions since I have lived in JAX. I really want to like it but can't. They are inconsistent in their quality of food, which I believe is due to the too large and diverse selection on the menu. My last visit sealed it for me in not coming back. I ordered the Caesar salad with steak. The meat was tough and they used lousy cuts of beef. I believe it was stew meat. Plus it had about 7-8 small pieces. They also coated the lettuce with way too much salad dressing. Not worth the price. I've also had the pulled pork sandwich which has been inconsistent on the two occasions I ate it. There are better restaurants in JAX in this area with much better quality.

Visited November 2013