“Loved this restaurant”
Review of The Brick

The Brick
Ranked #31 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located amongst the stately oaks of Historic Avondale, Brick Restaurant features eclectic selections with regional inspiration. Brick is a neighborhood favorite with signature dishes embracing a modern take on American cuisine. The lofty interior features exposed brick walls and stained glass windows while al fresco diners enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of a quaint patio offering a front row seat to the charming surroundings of the historic district of Avondale.
orlando, fl
“Loved this restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Located in the historic area of Avondale this restaurant is a great find in Jacksonville. They have a nice wine list by the bottle and glass (couldn't believe they have chianti Classico one of my favorites)...nice cheese platter to start of your meal with a nice glass of wine, it was very generous in size could easily feed 4 people. We all had salads which I thought were very good. My only complaint was we felt very rushed by the server we had. She kept trying to rush us to order as soon as we all sat she wanted to take our order and we hadn't even read the menu, then she came over every couple of minutes wanting us to order when we were trying to just enjoy our wine and cheese....i would hope everyone isn't as pushy as she was.
Food was great, atmosphere fantastic I will just avoid that server next time.

California
“Great Service, Mediocre Food”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Jacksonville and found this place. It's in a cute section of town, with a lot of quaint shops and restaurants around it and the dining environment seemed nice. We were seated promptly and our server was attentive from start to finish.

If I could stop my review there, it would be a five star restaurant, but this is a restaurant and so what you really want to know is how the food was. I'm sorry to say that it missed the mark. Because it had lots of good reviews, we had hoped it would have great food. They did have a decent wine list, and so we started with wine. Then we had the calamari with rosé sauce, and it was just ok, nothing that stood out. We would normally finish this appetizer between the two of us and because it was lacking in taste, we chose not to. For dinner, my husband had the kobe beef burger, which he enjoyed. It didn't stand out as the best burger he'd ever had, but it was cooked properly and good enough to eat. As for me, I had the sea scallops and a side of asparagus. The scallops were supposed to be cooked in a citrus cream sauce but in both the asparagus and scallops all I could taste was butter, lots and lots of butter. I cannot remember a time that I did not finish a scallop dinner, but I just couldn't get beyond the taste. I felt bad because I think the waiter could tell I was less than pleased, but I just wasn't even interested in trying any other entrees. Since I had not eaten most of my food, I had plenty of room left for dessert. We had the créme brulee for dessert and that was actually done perfectly. It was definitely the best part of the meal, but for $100 meal that was less than memorable, it didn't make the meal worth it.

The restaurant was clean, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was spot-on, but the food is the reason you visit a restaurant again, and is the reason I can't recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MakingMemories317
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

I recently visited the Brick for a ladies only brunch. The restaurant was really busy for Sunday afternoon. I ordered the shrimp and grits. We waited what seemed like an eternity for our food, when it arrived it was cold. One thing for sure is that cold grits are the WORST!! My friends seemed to enjoy their meals. I think they got caught up in the hype of this place! I definetley would not recommend!!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Lots of people love this but I'm not sure why”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Food is average, lots of people so atmosphere is limited. It is ok, but not great---over-rated.

Visited February 2012
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Simply the best oysters.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Once a year a special friend treats us to oysters here and I look forward to the quality of the food and the lovely surroundings with attentive staff. Not inexpensive.

Visited February 2012