“Great flautas !”

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We've been to this restaurant twice, when visiting Jacksonville. Wonderful food. Service was courteous and fast. The flautas in particular are a find. I ordered the chicken flautas, and they come with a jalapeno jelly (a dipping sauce) that is unlike any other I've had--it is delicious.

1  Thank hugsforall3
There are newer reviews for Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been going here since they started in their first location. I have NEVER had a bad meal or service. One of my standards for a great restaurant is "Would I order anything on the menu again" I wholeheartedly can answer YES, there is not one item on the menu I wouldn't order again. Everything is great! The owner and family are awesome!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday night. Walk in & immediately seated by hostess. Our waitress gets our drink order quickly & chips & salsa arrive after we ask for it. Prices are high for what you get. The cheapest item on the dinner menu is the tacos at $11.99. My husband wanted the fajitas but at $14.99 for chicken & $15.99 steak he decided not to. The fajitas for 2 is a better value since they add $4.00 to the price & 2 can eat for around $20.00. We decided to get the fajitas & surprisingly there was enough for both of us. The quality & taste were both good. The manager did stop by & greet us. If you're looking for cheap Mexican this is not the place. I would eat here again, but not often.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant recently on a quick trip to Jacksonville. The restaurant was very clean and the staff was excellent. The staff was very friendly and really on top of things so much so that it actually surprised me at how well the staff worked together.

We had chips and salsa to start as per usual in any Mexican restaurant and we found the chips and the salsa to be decent. I ordered the Tamale, Chile Releno and enchilada plate and found it to be decent. It wasn't authentic Mexican food, but more the Americanized version while this isn't bad, I just had hoped for more authentic.

Overall, I'd recommend the restaurant as the service is wonderful and actually made up for the average food.

1  Thank rsb41
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very good food and a plesant place to eat. A good value for your dollar. The servers always have a great sugestion if you are not sure what to try.