“Great Mexican Food”

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 2,072 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have dined at Don Juan's on several occasions and have found it to be consistently good. There is a large menu choice and they are very accommodating.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This restaurant gets it right. The owners, Efrain and Dinora Quezada, have put together a team that makes dining here a pleasure. The wait staff are fast, efficient and friendly. The food is superb and reasonably priced. Peaking around the partition that divides the seating area from the kitchen will reveal a food prep area that is spotless. Whether dining here for a quick lunch or a special dinner, one can't go wrong choosing Don Juan's.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Four adults and a child had dinner. the waiter could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Each dinner as served hot and was very tasty. The consensus was that we would all return to try other dishes.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We love good Mexican and do not paying more for great food, but his turned out to be less than expected. We both ordered the #8 Combination ($14.99) of Chile Rellano (excellent Pabalano stuffed with cheese), and Enchilada (mine was beef and bland, hers chicken a bit more flavor) and Tamale (very dry mostly cornmeal bread with little stuffing - a big dissapointment). I noticed some that said they were the best and high marks from west coast people. All I can say is that I started eating Mexican with a Mexican family at age 6 (I am a 65 year old gringo) and this did not measure up better than average. I have also lived in New Mexico and this place would not make it there. The rice and beans were goo, but the guac (I make my own) and pico de gallo (ditto) lacking flavor. I see raving over the salsa. It appealed to my tenderfott wife, but was lacking in zing and not at all complicated flavor. The wait staff was friendly & fast and the atmosphere above average. I am sorry to say that although the Rellano was a treat, I can match it at home for way less than our tab here.

1  Thank fastman83
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We have been going to Don Juan's for a number of years and every time we have a good experience. My husband always orders the gargantuan Burrito Baja California. It is loaded with fillings including tasty beef and a warm delicious cheese topping. I always order the tamales. The tamales at Don Juan's rival any others here in Jacksonville. They are stuffed with pork and have a delicious sauce on top. With everything else being outstanding, the salsa is still the highlight of the meal. The salsa is consistently good and has a fresh cilantro-y flavor. The meals always arrive quickly and the service is always good. A really good Mexican restaurant.